Teach Me A Lesson (Kawakami Bansai)

"Shinsuke.....There's nothing to do around here," (Y/N) whined as she rolls around on the floor while Takasugi was smoking by the window.

"....Why don't you bother someone else?" Takasugi grits his teeth, trying to ignore the whining woman who had nothing better to do than to complain about everything.

"....Nah," She shook her head, "I'm not really that close with anyone here but you, Shinsuke." She pointed out in a matter-of-fact tone making Takasugi sigh.

".....What about Bansai?"

"......" (Y/N) went quiet at the mention of the male because- Takasugi was actually right. (Y/N) never got along with Matako and Takechi, but she was actually on pretty good terms with Bansai.

"I would......" She trails off, "-But what would we talk about?"

"....Why can't you just focus on some other thing? Find a hobby or something. Anything that'll make you stop annoying me." Takasugi groans while (Y/N) laid her back on the floor and held her hand up to the ceiling for no reason.

"You know, Shinsuke......" She looks at her hand with a contemplating look, "I kinda wanna hold a sword again.''

Takasugi paused and looked at her, a mildly shocked look appearing in his eye. "(Y/N), are you....sure?" He asked in a cautious tone.

(Y/N) knew the reason why Takasugi was so shocked. It wasn't a topic she often brought up because Takasugi knew what exactly it meant to her.

(Y/N) and Takasugi were childhood friends- they met when they were both studying under Shoyo. They both entered the war- and when all those stuff went down, (Y/N) decided to go with Takasugi.

In that war- (Y/N) was injured and traumatized to the point that she couldn't hold a sword for years. But, before that happened she was just as skilled with the sword as Takasugi was.

She smiled and chuckled, "What're you so shocked about? Isn't it only natural?" She sits up and stretched her arms up.

"It's been years since I last held a sword!~"

"(Y/N), you really don't have to force—"

"I'm fine, Shinsuke." (Y/N) cut him off sternly, "It's time for me to hold a sword again," She shrugs and stands up.

"....Do you think Bansai would teach me if I ask him???" Her eyes lit up, and Takasugi sighed deeply- he had no choice, he couldn't ever say no to her.

"....Sure. Go ask him," Takasugi pouted a bit, he wanted her to ask him- not Bansai. After all, he was the one learning with her when they were kids!

"Great!! I'll go find Bansai!~" (Y/N) giggled and ran out the door as fast as lightning. Takasugi frowned and crossed his arms.

".....Suit yourself."

"—So, I wanna learn to wield a sword again!!" (Y/N) explained to Bansai, who was just staring at her without a word when the woman came running in and spewing words one after another.

".....Sure?"

Bansai had never really talked to her that much- but he had always seen her by Takasugi's side. She seemed to be close to Takasugi, and though she was she only ever exchanged respectful bows with Bansai.

A secret that Bansai never told anyone was that- he actually liked her.

At first, he thought he was just curious about her. Curious about the woman who always had the same look on her face. Then, he gradually found himself wanting to know more about her.