The Best Thing (Takasugi Shinsuke)

".....Still a no, huh?...." (Y/N) sighs frustratedly as she took out a pregnancy test. She hasn't had a period for 3 months already and she had a hunch— "Here goes nothing...!"

"Oh my— No way. Wait— REALLY!?" (Y/N) gasped when she saw two red lines appear. She quickly covered her mouth in shock and her eyes widened in disbelief.

"(Y/N)?...Are you okay?" Takasugi called out from outside the door, then she heard him knock.

"O-Oh, yeah!! I'm totally okay!!" (Y/N) yells in an awkwardly cheerful voice. Takasugi only arched an eyebrow and shrugged at her behavior before he went away— sometimes she could be really weird but he still loved her nonetheless.

"I-I need to check this again for a second time...." (Y/N) gulped nervously as she cautiously hid the pregnancy test in her pocket before she went out.

"....Before I tell Shin— wait! Shinsuke, oh no, w-will he accept it? I'm so nervous!!" (Y/N) shuddered in nervousness and let out a deep sigh.

"Well....First, I need to confirm it!!" She determinedly spoke to herself as she clenched her fist.

That was the start of how (Y/N) started hiding her pregnancy and Takasugi becomig suspicious of her sudden change in behavior.

----

"(Y/N)-dono, was this what you wanted?" Bansai poked his head from the door and lifted up a parfait and coffee jelly. Takasugi raised an eyebrow at the female who seemed joyful as Bansai handed the delicacies to her.

"That's too much sweets, did Gintoki rub off on you or what? Don't be like him who breathes sugar all day." Takasugi rolled his eye and sighed while (Y/N) grinned at him

"I've been craving for some sweet stuff today! Just let me be, I rarely even eat anything sweet!!" She pouted and started eating.

"Not to be rude but....your cravings have been pretty weird these past few days, I daresay." Bansai pushed his sunglasses up with a small frown.

"What do you mean?" Takasugi asked Bansai and Bansai shrugged. "Well...Just yesterday, (Y/N)-dono asked for some takoyaki with ice cream...and the other day it was rice with chocolate drink." Bansai shrugged.

"That sounds disgusting." Takasugi wrinkled his nose and turned to (Y/N) as he lifted his smoking pipe to his lips.

"(Y/N), just what is up with you and your—"

"Ewww!! Shinsuke, put that smoking pipe away! I told you no smoking in front of me anymore!!" She pinched her close and shooed Takasugi away.

"...What?"

"Get out if you wanna smoke! Or stay at least 5 million yards away from me!!"

Next thing he knew, Takasugi was facing the door which (Y/N) shut on his face.

"....Was I locked out of my own room?"

"Pfft," Bansai stifled his laughter and Takasugi glared at him almost immediately. "..I forgot I think I had some appointment to get to...." Bansai cleared his throat and walked away.

Takasugi sighs, the door was still locked so it seems he won't be able to get in any time soon. Lately, whenever he brought out his smoking pipe (Y/N) would immediately look at it with absolute disgust and proceed to ranting about how he shouldn't smoke in front of her.

Before that— she never really complained whenever he smoked in front of her. So, surely— Takasugi found it weird why she suddenly started prohibiting him from smoking.

"I'll....come back later." Takasugi announced lowly as he sighs and starts making his way out to settle the thoughts in his head.

----