Only Met You (Hijikata Toshiro)

"What?!"

Hijikata yells out in protest as he stares at Kondo as if he was crazy— or a gorilla. Which in his case, he was a gorilla.

"I don't understand, Kondo-san. Why me?" Hijikata scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"If it's an escorting mission, make Sougo do it."

"Toshi, we can't." Kondo laughs lightly as he looks out the garden with a proud look in his eyes.

"If it's Sougo it'll be an S-corting not escorting," He sighs.

"This detective is someone I look up to, Toshi. So please do it, it's her first time out of the province so I want to make her feel as comfortable as she can."

Hijikata stared at Kondo dubiously. The man was too trusting of others— due to his kind nature he would trust anyone without a speck of doubt.

"We've hit a wall with this case, but luckily— we get the chance to work with the best detective I know!!"

It was Kondo's strength as well as his weakness. Therefore, it was Hijikata's job to be twice as doubtful of anyone as he could.

Now, the shinsengumi were in a crisis. They were hit with a case that completely left them puzzled. This was when Kondo said he called up someone he knew to cone to edo and helo them solve the case.

".....If it's someone you respect," Hijikata sighs as he stands up, putting out his cigarette on an ashtray.

"Then, even I have no choice but to do it."

Hijikata slowly makes his way out of the door, but pauses when at the doorway and carefully looks over his shoulder.

"I just don't understand how this detective is so supposedly famous but I've never heard of them."

"....You don't have to be so suspicious, Toshi. I can guarantee it! Hahahaha!"

Hijikata only rolls his eyes as he heads out— getting into a patrol car to go and fetch this so-called famous and intelligent detective that Kondo looked up to.

When Hijikata had disappeared, Kondo cupped his chin.

"Hm....I was going to tell Toshi something else but I forgot.....Oh, well— It's probably not important! Ahahahah!"

Meanwhile, Hijikata was on his way to the terminal to fetch this detective Kondo was kept speaking of.

"......Ah, right....I forgot," Hijikata sighed as he pressed his palm to his forehead when he got out of the patrol car.

"...I never asked Kondo-san what the detective looked like..."

Hijikata clicks his tongue, flipping his phone out to contact Kondo but the second he opened his phone someone tapped his shoulder.

''Excuse me, are you....Hijikata-san?"

Hijikata turns around to face a woman with (H/L) (H/C) and seemingly dead (E/C) eyes. However, her lips were curled up at both ends in a kind, gentle smile.

"...I am, why?" Hijikata says, flipping his phone shut and tucking it back into his pocket.

He wasn't even gonna wonder how this woman he had never met before knew him— everybody knew who the demon vice-chief of the Shinsengumi was.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Hijikata-san. Did Kondo-san come along?"

Hijikata felt weird that she was looking at him— but not looking at him at the same time.