You Belong With Me (Okita Sougo)

"Sougo-kun, why do you always come here?"

The little boy with big red eyes blinked at her question before scowling and gently turning his head to the side.

"Because all you do is read those books," He muttered, "No man will like you, you know?"

(Y/N) hummed and shrugged her shoulders, "That's alright with me." But then she found it odd that Sougo would say something like that.

"So, you want me to be liked by men?"

"No," Sougo pouted, "....I'm with you for a different reason."

(Y/N)'s eyes opened and she yawned.

Her eyes fall on to her familiar ceiling before she lets out a sigh and stretches her arms up.

".....I wonder how Sougo-kun is doing....."

She rolls around the bed and grabs her glasses off of the table stand.

"....Is he doing well? Has he....found a woman now?"

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset
She's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do

The door of her shop opens with a small chime— indicating someone had gone inside.

(Y/N) immediately stood up to greet the customer— but she found Sougo standing before the counter with his phone to his ear.

"What?" Sougo's face twisted in confusion, "I don't know what that is, go get it yourself."

(Y/N) could only stay quiet and tilt her head at Sougo.

'His phone is out...he's talking to someone?!'

(Y/N)'s mind had switched to 'overthink' mode.

'No way— Sougo-kun doesn't have any friends!!'

A low gasp emerged from her mouth as she realized something.

'I hear a woman's voice?! Sougo-kun is cheating on me!!' (Y/N) cupped her cheeks and looked away.

'Wait— we're not dating, more like...he doesn't even know I have feelings for him! But who is Sougo-kun talking to?!'

While (Y/N) was busy debating in her mind, acting like a detective and trying to find out who it was that Sougo was talking to— like the nosy woman she is, Sougo noticed her.

Sougo placed his phone down and held up a finger to (Y/N).

"Sorry, I'm talking to my girlfriend."

(Y/N)'s jaw dropped when Sougo said that to her and continued to talk on the phone, turning his back to her.

'SOUGO-KUN HAS A GIRLFRIEND???!?'

(Y/N)'s knees gave out and she plopped to the floor like a fresh new dead body.

"Here lies (Y/N), a woman who professed her undying love for Okita Sougo only in her dreams and thus— Bisha-chan slapped her with the reality that Sougo suddenly has a girlfriend because (Y/N) was taking too long to confess."

'NOOOOOOOO!' (Y/N) cried in her thoughts, 'Bisha-chan, I beg you! Don't end the story like this! Let me end up with Sougo-kun!! Give me a chance!!!!'

Bisha-chan could not hear anything.

(Y/N) sniffed and hesitantly stood up, her eyes stuck to Sougo's back as he continued to talk on the phone.