With You (Takasugi Shinsuke)

"Let's see, let's see~~~ Where should I go today?~" (Y/N) giggles as she skips around town, covering her face with a scarf so that nobody would recognize her, she grinned to herself.

"Hey miss— the missy over there!!"

(Y/N) swiveled her head around and spotted an old woman— looking like a fortune teller– beckoning her over. (Y/N) then cluelessly went closer to the woman.

"I can sense that you want to go on an adventure..." The woman says in an eerily low voice, in front of her was a crystal ball which she waved her hands around occasionally.

"Oh! That's amazing!! How did you know?!" (Y/N) gasped and the woman smirked.

"If you buy one of these— you'll be safe in all your travels and the Goddess of Fortune will look down on you." The woman brings out a tacky looking Elizabeth doll.

"I'll buy it—!!"

"Did you not learn your lesson before?!" Takasugi suddenly appears beside (Y/N) and flicked her forehead before quickly dragging her away.

"Shin! How ironic, I was indeed on my way to find you!!" She giggles and Takasugi sighs exasperatedly when they were finally away from the scammer who was trying to scam (Y/N).

"I see, you are as gullible and naive as before— How can you trust what a stranger says so easily and pull out a bunch of money to give?" Takasugi shook his head and frowned at her.

"You didn't learn your lesson from the first time we met?"

And thus, Takasugi's words triggered a flashback

(Yay! Flashback!)

"Hehehe, I managed to escape~" (Y/N) giggles all to herself, after successfully climbing over the walls of their huge residence to escape and go outside.

"Hm, I've never really seen much about the outside world~" (Y/N) looked around and passed by a man who was leaning against the wall with a smoking pipe in hand.

Takasugi followed (Y/N) with his eye, and sighed— she looked like an innocent yet naive girl who would definitely get scammed by a shady looking person.

"Miss! You! The miss with the scarf!!"

Takasugi rolled his eye when a scammer had already spotted (Y/N). (Y/N), in reply gasped and widened her eyes.

"You....You sneaked out to venture, didn't you?"

"I did! I did! Wow! You're good!!" (Y/N) exclaimed happily, obviously impressed by the scamming person's fraudness.

"Yes, yes. You see— I looked into your future and saw that you will get into some trouble!!"

"Oh, no. I will??"

Indeed, (Y/N) was gullible.

"Yes, but I have a solution for that." The person raised up the Elizabeth doll. "If you buy this, it'll absorb your bad luck and you will be saved."

"I'll buy it!"

Takasugi sighs, he didn't really want to intervene— if there was an idiot, why should he step in? It'd take forever if he'd help out every single idiot in the universe.

He shut his eye for a while and pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on. Bringing the smoking pipe down, he glanced at (Y/N)'s face.

Her face held nothing but pure kindness and genuine emotions. She had the purest and brightest smile he had ever seen and he just imagined— what she'd look like if she found out she was being scammed.