Tea

Lena works through rest of the day, looking through all the medical data on Alura. As Lena pours through the data she does feel the glare of Alex Danvers, Kara's sister, at the back of her head. But Lena doesn't give Alex the satisfaction of acknowledging that she's being closely watched. Lena understands why Alex is distrustful of her, if she were in Alex's position she'd be just as distrustful.

While Lena works through the data and medical records Winn joins her on occasion, explaining certain details to Lena, and explaining the procedures and cures they have already attempted on Alura. Through all this Kara just remains seated at Alura's bedside. As Lena works she flinches every time she hears Alura wretch, puke or cough. Lena then hears Kara's soothing words to Alura, all while Alura complains to her mother about her throat hurting. In response to this Lena texts Jess and gets her to send some ingredients to the DEO for her. A few hours go by and Lena hears Alura cough once more, causing her to flinch from looking at the medical data. This particular time Kara notices Lena flinching.

"Oh, you can read through that in another room so she doesn't distract you if you'd like." Kara suggests, softly.

Lena turns around to face Kara.

"No it's okay. It's not distracting, it's just.... I don't like hearing it, knowing she's having..... problems." Lena says with a sad smile.

Kara smiles back weakly at Lena.

Lena gets a text from Jess telling her she has dropped off the things Lena needs, at security of the building Lena told her to. Lena thanks Jess and is glad her assistant doesn't ask any questions.

"I'll be right back. I've just had my assistant drop off some things for me at security." Lena smiles as she stands.

"Okay, we'll be right here." Kara nods.

Lena works her way to security and is joined by Winn.

"Did you have some stuff delivered? That's what security is alerting me to?" Winn asks.

"Yes, it's just some special herbal tea mixtures from Ireland along with a change of clothes." Lena explains.

"Oh, okay..... uhmmm..... I'm sorry but I'm going to have to look through your stuff..... just in case.... it's protocol.... nothing personal." Winn says shyly.

Lena smiles at Winn.

"I understand." Lena nods.

Winn and Lena are greeted by security and they hand Winn the box containing the items Lena has had delivered. Winn does a quick but thorough search through the box and then scans it.

"Okay, you are all good to go." Winn says as he hands the box to Lena.

"Thank you. Is there a kitchen area I can use to make some tea?" Lena asks.

"Yeah sure. The corridor next to Alura's room and second door on the right." Winn explains.

"Thank you." Lena nods.

A few minutes later Lena is in the kitchen making three cups of her special tea. She has always found that the tea helps to soothe her throat, and make her feel better generally, she hopes that it may have a similar effect on Alura, even if only a small one. The tea itself contains a rare herb from Ireland which is rumoured to have healing properties, but there hasn't been enough extensive scientific studies to prove this, mostly due to how rare the herb is.

Lena walks back into the medical room with the three teas on a tray she found in the kitchen. Kara looks up at her from her seat with a smile.

"Hi, I made some special teas that I had delivered. It's all herbal and it's rumoured to have healing properties. I don't know if it's true or not, but I've always found it soothes my throat at least. I'm hoping it does the same for Alura." Lena says kindly as she approaches Kara.