Chapter 61 - Alex & Sam Second Date

Alex and Sam leave Lena's penthouse, entering the building's lobby, after walking out of the elevator. As the two women walk together, they both nervously glance at one another, clearly each feeling the jitters of one of the beginning dates of a relationship. However, as Sam looks at Alex, she offers her hand to the oldest Danvers sister, her heart beating incredibly fast. What Sam does not know is that Alex's heart is beating just as fast, and when Alex's sees the offered hand from Sam, her heart beat quickens even more.

"Shall we?" Sam asks, smiling.

S..sure." Alex replies, nervously, taking Sam's hand. Alex thinks this is all very weird and strange, but not in a bad way. Alex feels like a teenager again, when she first started dating, all nervous and not knowing what to do, and being self-conscious about herself. The truth is, Alex feels that way currently because not only is Sam the first woman she will be dating, but simply because it is Sam. Alex truly thinks Sam is wonderful, and her heart seems to agree, acting accordingly. Unlike some other people, Alex does not care even in the slightest that Sam has an 12-year-old daughter. In fact, Sam having a daughter might just be a positive for Alex, as she adores Ruby. This is all on top of Alex finding Sam incredibly attractive, beautiful, funny and intelligent. In Alex's mind Sam is the whole package, and she just desperately doesn't want to screw this up.

As for Sam, she is similarly nervous, just like Alex, but for slightly different reasons. While Alex is mostly nervous because of how much she likes Sam, and the fact that Sam is going to be the first woman she dates, Sam isn't nervous for either of those two reasons. Of course, Sam really likes Alex, and finds her sexy, gorgeous, and just very attractive all round, with Alex's fitness routine and her being a secret government agent being a big turn on. But unlike Alex currently, Sam is more confident in herself, and reassured that she is just as attractive as the redhead. Then also, Sam does not have the issue of this being her first date with another woman, because it is not, Sam has dated several women over the years, obviously with most of them being complete failures. Sam for her part is just nervous because she hasn't been on a date in a while, in about 18 months really, and even prior to that, her dating life was rather scarce. It is just very difficult for a bisexual woman, who only dates women, to not only find a woman to date who is okay with the fact that she has a daughter, but to find one who also can fit dates around her schedule. The issue really is ever since Ruby was born, she has been Sam's prime focus, as she should be, but this has meant that she has had to work her dating life around her daughter. Thankfully, while Lena was still living in Metropolis, she was an excellent choice as a babysitter, while she went out on dates, but since Lena moved to National City, almost 9 months ago, Sam didn't have anyone she could get to babysit Ruby at a moment's notice. All of this just means that Sam feels incredibly nervous for the simple reason of her not having had a date in a while. Sam really doesn't want to screw this up, just like Alex, as she feels that she could have something truly special with the redhead.

The two women walk out of Lena's penthouse building, out into the night's cool evening air. Alex is very curious as to where Sam will be taking her, as the brunette has not been forthcoming at all in regards to the details of the date, all Alex got to go on was to wear something nice, but not too fancy.

"So, are you going to tell me where we are going now?" Alex asks, as she looks at Sam, gathering her nerves, as she doesn't want to be a nervous mess the whole date. Alex knows if she remains nervous throughout the date, then things certainly won't go well.

Sam looks at Alex, a smirk on her face.

"No, you will just have to wait and see." Sam replies.

Alex smirks back at Sam and playfully rolls her eyes.

"Alright, so if you won't tell me where we are going. Are you going to tell me how we are going to get there? You told me to either walk here to Lena's, or get an Uber, and I see you didn't drive either." Alex says.