Chapter 114 - Lex Luthor's Death

The morning for the little family of Kara, Lena and Alura, begins absolutely wonderfully, with the three of them happily snuggled in bed together. After everything they have gone through over the previous day, with their vacation getting delayed, and Kara and Alex having to fight Lex, they have certainly deserved a moment of serenity between them all.

Kara is the first of the three of them to wake up, and as she opens her eyes, the first sight she sees is Alura resting her head on her chest, while Lena is resting her head on her shoulder, with an arm on top of Alura. Kara feels so happy to have this family. There was a point in Kara's life, when she was sent away from Krypton, as the planet exploded, that she never thought she would have a family again. Kara thought that even though she had Kal, and would look after him, she would never have a family, as her life after that point would be about raising Kal, and giving him a better life, where he didn't have to experience the pains she had. However, things obviously didn't work out that way for Kara, and she got a family, first with Alex, Eliza and Jeremiah, and now with her own little family with Alura, herself and Lena. Kara thinks that Rao really must have been shining down on her, giving her a second chance, not only at life, but at family. Kara knows she will never be able to repay that debt to her Kryptonian god.

Kara continues to lay there in the bed for the next few minutes, content to just watch Alura and Lena sleep. Kara could honestly lie there all day, and be completely happy to do so. There is nowhere in the world right now that Kara would rather be, even if she does kind of need to go to the toilet. However, eventually, after about 30 minutes, Alura begins to move. From the 5-year-old's heartbeat, Kara can tell that her daughter is about to wake up.

Kara watches the beautiful sight of her daughter waking up to the world for a new day. At first Alura opens her eyes, and then snuggles her head a bit further into Kara's chest. Then, after a few moments, Alura moves her head to the side, and looks at Lena's arm, before then looking at Lena's sleeping face. Finally, after that, Alura looks up to Kara, with a smile on her face.

"Hello, baby." Kara smiles, so very happily.

"Mommy." Alura smiles back.

The two smile in silence at one another for a few moments.

"Do you want to get up?" Kara eventually asks, "We can let momma sleep for a while longer."

"Yes, okay." Alura nods.

Kara and Alura slowly get out of bed, making sure not to wake Lena up as they do. After that, they both head into the bathroom, to do their morning business, before they then quietly make their way out of the bedroom, walking hand in hand.

"Mommy?" Alura asks, as the two walk down the stairs.

"Yes, baby?" Kara asks, with a smile.

"Are we going to go on holiday now?" Alura asks, in a sweet voice.

Kara looks at her daughter and gives her a bit of a sympathetic look, very much wanting to tell her daughter that they can, but knowing that there are a few things they need to wrap up first. Particularly, Kara has to make sure that Kal is okay, and gets his memories back, if they are still missing. Then, on top of that, Kara needs to talk with J'onn, making sure that Lex is put in a prison somewhere where he can't ever escape again, or have contact with the outside world to organise his crazy plans.

"I'm sorry honey, but there are a few things we just need to wrap up first before we go on our holiday. But I promise we will be going on our holiday, just not yet." Kara explains.

"Oh..." Alura says, in a disappointed voice, "What things do you need to wrap up?"

Kara and Alura continue to walk into their living room/kitchen open plan area now.