Lena's Week

It's been six long days since Lena last saw and heard from Kara. Six days where when every day goes by Lena feels her heart breaking inside with the lack of contact. As the days progressed Lena became more and more convinced that that was it, she wasn't going to have a friendship or any form of relationship with Kara and Alura. It absolutely devastates Lena. She's grown so found of the mother and her daughter, they'd worked their way into her heart, but of course they don't want anything to do with her anymore, why would they? She is a Luthor after all.

The last time that Lena saw Kara and Alura was on the Thursday morning of the previous week. Alura's operation occurred on the Wednesday, and on the Thursday morning Lena woke up for the second time with Alura in her arms, although that time Alura was awake. Kara for her part was nowhere to be seen. Lena just chatted with Alura for a while, still laying together and then about half an hour later Kara walked in the room, explaining she just woke up. Lena felt so touched that Kara trusted Lena enough to leave Alura alone with her, cuddled up to her. After this the three of them had some breakfast and then Kara told Alura they were going to go home. Lena took that as her sign to also make her exit, so she said goodbye to Kara and Alura with a hug each and left, heading into L-Corp. As Lena hugged Kara goodbye Kara told her that she would speak to her soon, at the time that gave Lena hope that, that wouldn't be the end of their relationship, but after the days of no contact from Kara, Lena realised it was just Kara being polite.

Throughout the Thursday and the Friday Lena dived head first into all the work she had missed at L-Corp, while she had been away. She was partly doing that because she wanted to distract herself from missing Kara and Alura, even though they hadn't been apart that long at the time, but she was also doing it because she did in fact need to catch up. At the time Lena wasn't bothered by Kara not getting in touch with her, as after all they hadn't been apart that long. Lena just assumed that Kara was busy getting Alura readjusted to her normal life after being stuck at the DEO for so long.

As the weekend approached Lena had hoped that maybe it would be the first opportunity for Kara to get in touch with her, but she didn't receive a single word. Lena thought about going over and seeing Kara and Alura, although she'd have to find out where they lived first, but she soon dismissed that idea. This is when the first thought popped into Lena's head that maybe her anxious thoughts were right, and she, Kara and Alura were not going to have any form of relationship moving forward. Lena began to feel very upset by this, so in response she decided to go into work to continue to catch up on all the work she missed. Lena stayed at L-Corp over the weekend for close to 36 hours, not going home until late Sunday evening, which really was the early hours of Monday morning.

By Monday things got worse for Lena. With four days of no contact from Kara Lena began to accept that that was it, she wasn't going to be seeing Kara and Alura around again. This became more of a problem for Lena on the Monday as due to how much time she'd spent at L-Corp over the weekend she had caught up on all of her work, so she had nothing to completely burry herself in, to occupy her mind. So Lena spent most of her Monday doing that work that she did have for the day, with tears constantly in her eyes. She even had a moment where Jess asked her what was wrong, and in her state Lena snapped back at her, quickly making her assistant retreat. Lena hated herself for that.

On the Tuesday with still not a single word from Kara Lena's hurt and sadness turned to anger. Lena began to get angry that after all she did for Kara, saving her daughter, showing Kara she isn't just some evil Luthor like her brother and mother, Kara still wants nothing to do with her. Lena felt so used, almost as if she had just been used like as if she were in an abusive relationship. Lena hated that Kara made her feel that way. But on the Tuesday Lena wasn't entirely filled with anger, as every time she thought of Alura she softened a bit. Lena thought that as angry as she was at Kara, she still is glad that she saved Alura, even if she never sees her again, even if Kara was just using her and still sees her as just a Luthor. It was all worth it to assure that Alura lives a healthy life.