Chapter 176 - Wedding Dress Shopping

Currently it is about a week since Elizabeth moved into The Tower, and everything has been going very well. Lena has now been seeing her mom every day, simply because getting to The Tower is a lot easier than getting to the DEO, as it's much closer to both L-Corp and Kara and Lena's penthouse. Plus, seeing as Lena doesn't have to go to the DEO, she doesn't have to go through a bunch of security checkpoints and everything, which takes a good 15 minutes to get through. So, needless to say, Lena has been very happy about this development, and it seems like Elizabeth is much happier about it too. On many occasions Lena has walked into The Tower, and found her mom casually reading a book outside of her bedroom, or even doing some research on the artifacts Leviathan had had her previously searching for.

Over the last week, when Lena has been at The Tower doing some of her scientific research, Elizabeth has tried to engage her, and ask all sorts of questions about what Lena is doing. However, from their conversations, Lena can tell that her mom really has no idea what she is talking about, as she's not scientifically inclined, at least not to Lena's level, like Lillian is or anything. So, whenever Elizabeth asks Lena things about what she is doing, just to try and connect with her daughter, Lena uses more simple terms, and doesn't get too deep into the specifics or anything. But the reason that Lena has been doing research at The Tower, instead of in her home lab, or at L-Corp, is because it has either been Leviathan focused, or about Morgan. Lena doesn't want to risk doing those experiments in L-Corp, which could be more of a target. Then Lena's home lab just doesn't have the equipment required to do all the tests that she needs.

**************************

Presently, Lena, Sam, Alex, Elizabeth and Jess are all at a high-end wedding dress shop, as Lena has finally begun her search to find her perfect wedding dress. Lena has already decided that she does want to wear a wedding dress, because, like she told Kara, she can wear a suit whenever she wants, but this will be the only chance she will ever get to wear a wedding dress, so she wants to make the most out of it.

While Lena is looking for a dress with Sam, Alex, Elizabeth and Jess, Kara has all the kids with her, which includes Ruby, Morgan and Alura, and is taking them all to a nice outdoor adventure park, about an hour's drive outside of National City. Winn, thankfully, is also joining Kara and the kids, which Kara is very pleased about, because that way she knows that there is at least another adult there with her, or at least a sort of adult. As for the park itself, it contains a bunch of fun adventure things, which includes them going down ziplines, high above the trees, climbing between trees, connected to a rope and with a harness of course. Then there is also a fun big slide like ride, which they are all going to be able to go down. Kara just thought this would be the perfect thing to do today with the kids, because it is something active, which will drain the children of their energy, while also being something that Lena would rather not do herself.

Of course, Alura, Morgan and Ruby do all know that while they are at the park with Winn and Kara, that Lena will be going shopping to get her wedding dress. The kids did all want to go with Lena and help her shop, but the CEO didn't think that would be such a good idea. Lena thought that the kids would likely get very bored with the wedding dress shopping fiasco, which may take several hours. So, to placate the kids, Lena has promised them that once she gets her wedding dress, she will show it to all of them, without Kara seeing of course, while also keeping them updated on all her decisions she is going to make about her dress.

Seeing as today Lena is going shopping for her wedding dress, next weekend Kara will trade off with Lena, and go wedding dress shopping with Eliza, Sam, Alex, Elizabeth, J'onn and even Winn. Eliza, for her part, was invited today to be part of the group helping Lena with her wedding dress shopping, but the Danvers matriarch was unable to get away, as she has some important work that needs to be done. But Eliza will be able to make it out to help Kara go wedding dress shopping next week. Then during the time when Kara will go wedding shopping, Lena will entertain the kids with something that she hasn't decided upon yet.