Chapter 182 - DEO Attack

Kara and Lena rise at 4AM the next morning. Both of them want to be ready for what is to come in the next few hours, and both of their first priorities are to make sure their daughters are okay, and have some idea as to what is happening. Although, of course, Kara and Lena are not going to tell Alura and Morgan all the details as to what is happening, but they don't want to lie to them and pretend like everything is okay either. Morgan and Alura might be 4 and 6 years old respectively, but they are not stupid. They will notice that something big is clearly happening.

Once Kara and Lena wake, the two kiss each other, have quick showers, get changed, and then Kara heads into Morgan's room to wake her up, while Lena goes into Alura's room and wakes their oldest daughter up. The two parents then get their kids ready, who are still very tired, and half asleep. They each decide that their daughters can forgo showers, and they just get them changed into some comfortable clothing, before bringing them both downstairs.

"Okay, girls." Lena says, as she and Kara place both their daughters on one of the couches, next to each other, "We have got you up early today, because something is happening. Some bad people plan to attack the DEO. The place where aunt Alex, uncle Winn, and J'onn work. These are the same bad people that have done some bad stuff before."

"Yeah." Kara nods, "Today we are going to stop these people, all together, with me helping as Supergirl, and momma helping with her big brain. We can't let these bad people continue to hurt other people, and threaten us."

Alura and Morgan now both grow worried looks on their faces.

"Are they going to hurt you?" Alura asks.

Kara and Lena look at each other after Alura asks that. Kara and Lena, of course, want to lie and say that's not going to happen, but, again, they don't want to lie to their daughters.

"They'll try." Kara eventually admits, "But with us all working together, we are going to stop them."

"I don't want anything bad to happen to you both." Morgan says, now speaking up.

Lena approaches Morgan, and crouches down in front of her, taking one of Morgan's hands in her own.

"I know you don't darling." Lena says, "That is why we are going to be a safe as we possibly can be. If jeju and I do nothing, those bad people may still try and hurt us. We need to stop them together, to keep all of us safe."

Lena then takes Morgan in for a hug.

"What about us?" Alura asks, "Who will be with us?"

Kara now approaches the couch, and joins Lena by crouching down in front of Alura.

"You two are going to stay at The Tower, along with Ruby, aunt Sam, and Elizabeth." Kara says, "It is the safest place for both of you. No one will be able to get you there."

Morgan and Alura now both have nervous looks on their faces, clearly not liking what they are being told by their two parents.

"I promise, my darlings, that mommy and I are going to do everything in our power to make sure at the end of the day, everything is okay." Lena says, "You just have to remember, we love you both, and our love for you will keep us going, and ultimately mean that no one will be able to stop us, or get in our way."

"Yeah." Kara agrees, with a loving smile.

After this, Kara and Lena spend a little more time with their two daughters, giving them words of reassurances, and hugs and kisses, telling each of them how much they love them. However, eventually the time ticks close to 5AM, and Alex, Sam and Ruby all appear. Lena and Alex then proceed to say their goodbyes to all the kids, with Morgan and Alura both slightly crying, which absolutely breaks Lena's heart. Eventually though, Lena and Alex do leave, and head to the DEO.