Chapter 191 - Double Date

After Kara and Nia left CatCo to have lunch with Alex, Kara made sure to include Nia in all her conversations with her sister, telling her about Nia being sent by Cat Grant, and also the fact that Nia is staying with her and Lena now. Then, thankfully, Nia and Alex did really seem to get on pretty well. Kara knows that Alex usually isn't the best at being friendly to new people, which some might say is a result of Alex being a secret government agent. However, Kara knows that Alex has always been like that, so she is just glad that her sister hasn't given Nia the cold shoulder like some might expect her to. In fact, things went so well with the lunch with Alex, that Kara is starting to think that Nia might be a nice new member to their friend group, as not only does the young reporter get on with Alex, but Lena, Morgan and Alura too. However, Kara is still curious as to what the reason is that Nia wants to get in contact with Supergirl. But Kara doesn't intend to push Nia on the topic anymore. Nia has already disclosed the very personal information that she is a transgender woman, so Kara trusts that Nia will share with her the information as to why she wants to get in contact with Supergirl when she is ready, and not before.

***********************

It is now a few days later, and over the last few days, Kara and Nia have continued to work together at CatCo, with Kara mentoring Nia throughout the week, accompanying her to interviews which Nia set up for her fashion district article, while also giving her some helpful tips. Admittedly, when Kara first had Nia come up with an article to write, she didn't think that it would ever be published. This isn't because Kara wasn't confident in Nia's ability, but because she knows that Snapper has very high standards for articles, and tends to have a bit of a stick up his ass anyway. So, Kara is pretty sure that Nia Nal, the cub reporter who Cat Grant sent to CatCo herself, would have basically impossible standards to pass Snapper's litmus test for an article to be published on her first attempt. However, Kara has honestly been really impressed with what Nia has written so far, and what she has told her as to how she plans to structure her article. Kara even thinks that Snapper might be so blown away by the piece he will actually publish it.

Presently, as it is Friday afternoon, and only a few weeks to Lena and Kara's wedding, Sam and Alex have arranged to take Kara and Lena out to dinner, on a sort of double date, as one of the few ways to celebrate the couple's upcoming wedding. Of course, Sam and Alex still do have Kara and Lena's bachelorette party, which will happen in just over a week, but this is just something nice they have planned to do before then. However, the big problem that Kara and Lena have come across is they have no one to babysit Alura and Morgan for the evening. Usually when Kara and Lena, and Sam and Alex are doing something like this, they will put the three girls together, Alura, Ruby, and Morgan, and have them babysat by the same person, usually a friend. However, this evening particularly, Ruby is not spending it with her two cousins, because she is staying over at a friend's from school, as part of a party. Then J'onn was supposed to be babysitting Morgan and Alura, but there has been some issues with the DEO systems which mean he has to work, along with Winn too, who would have been Kara and Lena's next choice to babysit. This ultimately leaves Kara and Lena without any real options to babysit their two daughters, because they still haven't introduced them to Lillian, so she can't look after them, then Elizabeth babysitting Alura and Morgan would put Alura and Morgan in too much danger if Leviathan somehow tracked Lena's mom down, as they could expect for Morgan and Alura to stay at The Tower the entire time. So, Kara and Lena are really out of options.

"I can babysit them, if you'd like?" Nia suggests, after overhearing Kara and Lena talk about their lack of babysitting options.

"Really?" Kara asks, in a surprised voice.

"Of course." Nia nods, with a smile.

"Nia, it is nice of you to offer and everything, but I'm sure you'd much rather do anything else than spend your Friday evening with two you girls." Lena says.