Chapter 47 - Happy Mornings

Kara wakes up at 8AM on Friday morning, laying in Alura's bed. The previous night after James was taken away and arrested was nice. Kara, Lena and Alura just had a nice pleasant quiet evening together, with no more unexpected drama. Thankfully, Kara was able to find their Chinese food, which she had dropped on the pavement when she had flown off in her panic to rescue Lena and Alura from James, and fortunately it hadn't been touched or opened, it was still wrapped nicely in the plastic bag. The women then happily ate all the food, with Kara and Alura fighting each other over who should get the last potsticker, Alura won that debate, although only because Kara was a good mother and let her daughter eat the last potsticker. For the remainder of the evening after that, Kara, Lena and Alura just all cuddled together on the couch in Kara's living room watched a movie, all just happy in silence, not needing to talk to one another. At around 9PM Alura was falling asleep, barely being able to keep her eyes open, so that is when Kara decided it was bed time. Usually this would just mean putting Alura to bed in her room, and then Kara and Lena would stay up and just have an intimate moment between them, but Lena too was tired, still recovering from being shot the day prior, so she went to bed along with Alura. Kara then happily tucked Alura into bed with Lena, placing a kiss on Alura's cheek who was cuddled in Lena's arms. Kara then hesitated for a moment, just looking at Lena, not sure what she should do, but eventually she just decided to lean down and give Lena a gentle kiss on the cheek as well. Admittedly, Lena was a bit disappointed that the kiss wasn't on the lips, although she did totally understand that she and Kara just need to talk first before they move forward with things like that. Lena is much happier to talk about everything than perhaps she would have been in the past, where maybe she would have put off the talk, or just be worried about it. But Lena has been through so many different emotions over the last month, that after everything she has been through recently, she knows that talking with Kara, and both of them working through their feelings, will hopefully lead to something amazing.

Back in the present, Kara just lays in bed for a while, sitting in her happiness as she thinks and hopes about how she, Lena and Alura will hopefully be able to move forward as a happy little maybe sort of family. Kara does know that even after she and Lena talk, they are both going to have to take things slow. The two can't just rush back into things and right off the bat become that family Kara hopes for, it will just take some time, as otherwise things may go too fast and be ruined once more.

After about 5 minutes, Kara gets up from Alura's bed and makes her way into her own room, where Lena and Alura are still sleeping. Once Kara enters, she looks on and sees the beautiful sight of Lena and Alura both still peacefully asleep, with Alura facing Lena, resting her head on the youngest Luthor's chest. Meanwhile, Lena has her arms wrapped tightly around Alura, holding the five-year-old close, and even though she is asleep, she has a smile on her face. Kara just finds the scene utterly and completely wonderful. She does think about taking a picture, just to remember the moment forever, but Kara soon decides against it, as sometimes memories are better left to be remembered in the mind, that way you can just focus on living in the moment, which is what Kara intends to do. Kara just hopes that this won't be the last time that she sees a sight like this, with Lena and Alura happily cuddling together.

"Alura?" Kara says, softly, having walked over to Alura's side of the bed and placed a loving arm on the half-Kryptonian's side.

Alura doesn't stir.

"Alura, sweetie, it's time to wake up." Kara attempts again, this time brushing hair out of her daughter's face.

"Hmmmm?" Alura says, waking up and turning to look at Kara.

"Hey, little one." Kara smiles as soon as her daughter's eyes land on her.

"M..mommy." Alura smiles back.