Chapter 72 - Daylong Date Part 2

"There's a beach in Midvale?" Lena asks, knowing they are not really that close to the coast, so by that logic alone there should not be a beach anywhere nearby.

"Well, yeah, it's not really a beach though. It's the shore of a lake that has had sand artificial put there to make it a sort of beach." Kara explains.

"A lake?" Lena asks, her heart rate picking up.

Kara looks at Lena confused, hearing her girlfriend's heartbeat begin to get faster.

"Oh shoot.... I'm sorry.... I totally forgot about..... what uhmmm.... you know.... your experience with lakes." Kara says, awkwardly, not wanting to come out and just say she forgot that Lena may be hesitant about lakes because her mom drowned in one.

Lena takes a deep breath in, and then breathes out, releasing some of her anxiety over going to a lake.

"It's.... okay.... I just..... won't go in.... the water..." Lena says, still a bit nervous.

"Are you sure?" Kara asks, not wanting Lena to just do this because she planned it. "Please tell me if you aren't, as there are several other things I have planned for us to do today, that we can do instead."

"No.... I'll be fine.... as long as you stay by my side." Lena says, biting her lip slightly.

Kara smiles widely at Lena.

"Of course. I won't leave you for a single second." Kara says, and takes Lena in for a brief hug.

Kara and Lena then get ready and pack a few things they will need, before then heading off to the beach, with Kara insisting she drives them, even though it is Lena's car they are using. After about 20 minutes of driving, the couple arrive at the beach. The beach itself does not have many people on it, and seems to be in a very secluded spot. Lena can literally see that the lake only has this long stretch of sand on this side, but then most of the other sides are surrounded by very tall trees.

"What do you think?" Kara asks with a smile, as they walk onto the beach, noticing Lena looking around in awe of everything.

"It's beautiful." Lena replies.

"Yeah." Kara agrees, nodding her head.

Lena and Kara then find a spot away from most of the people, and put a blanket down, before then sitting down themselves.

"You need sunscreen on, right?" Kara asks Lena.

"Uhhh yess." Lena nods.

"Good. Lay down on your stomach, and I'll put some on you." Kara smiles.

Lena smirks at Kara.

"Why do I have the feeling you want to put sunscreen on for more than just making sure I don't get burnt?" Lena asks, with a raised eyebrow.

Kara chuckles.

"Let's just call the other reason an added benefit on my part." Kara smiles back.

"And mine." Lena mutters as she lays down on her stomach.

Kara takes a moment to just look at Lena's body in her bikini bathing suit. Today is a nice hot sunny warm spring day, so the temperature is nice and warm, and therefore warrants wearing bikinis.

"Are you just going to stare, or are you actually going to put sunscreen on me?" Lena asks, after waiting a few moments, and Kara still not doing anything.

"Uhhh right." Kara replies, nodding her head, shaking herself out of just staring at Lena's body.

Kara then reaches into the bag she packed and pulls out the sunscreen. Kara squirts some onto her hands and begins to apply it to Lena's shoulders.