Chapter 168 - Morgan Origins

It is now the next day, and Lena is waking up and feeling more relaxed than she has felt in the last few days. The reason for this, is as cliché as it sounds, Lena always sleeps better when Kara is in the bed next to her. Lena doesn't really know what the biological reason for it is, but when she is snuggling with Kara, she feels absolutely wonderful. However, saying that Lena actually had the best sleep in the last few days isn't actually that big of a thing to say, because she hasn't been sleeping much anyway. For Kara's side of things, she feels exactly the same, as the bed just has felt empty without Lena laying there next to her. The blonde is so glad that her future wife is home now.

Lena slowly opens her eyes, as she wakes, and once she does, she sees that Kara is already awake, looking at her with a loving smile on her face, but not in a creepy way or anything.

"Morning..." Lena says, with a little yawn.

"Morning." Kara replies, and then takes Lena in for a kiss.

"Hmmmm.... How long have you been awake?" Lena asks, as she pulls away from her kiss with Kara.

"Only a few minutes." Kara replies, "I just woke up when I noticed your heartbeat changing from how it sounds when you are asleep, to how it sounds when you are about to wake up."

After hearing Kara say that, Lena feels so touched. The fact that Kara can somehow hear her heartbeat while she is asleep, and wake up from it, is incredible, and it makes Lena feel wonderful, and so loved by Kara.

"I love you." Lena says to Kara.

"I love you too." Kara replies, with a loving smile.

Lena then takes Kara in for another kiss, and this kiss lasts a bit longer than the other one. However, eventually Lena pulls back, because as much as she would love to spend all day in bed with Kara, kissing her, the brunette knows she has to go to work today.

"Okay.... I need to get up now." Lena says, with some regret in her voice.

"Owww." Kara pouts, with a big lip.

Lena chuckles, and places a quick kiss on one of Kara's cheeks.

"I'm sorry, darling." Lena says, "But I do really have to go to L-Corp today. I think if I don't, Sam might either quit, or kill me."

Kara now chuckles upon hearing that.

"Yeah, okay. That's fair enough." Kara nods, "Alex did mention how much work Sam had while you were gone."

Lena nods her head back at Kara.

"Which is exactly why I can't let her continue to do all that work, and run my company for me." Lena says.

"Okay." Kara replies, with a small smile.

Lena and Kara then both get out of bed, with the CEO grabbing her phone to check for any emails or texts she needs to answer, as she does every morning.

"Alright. I'm going to head into the shower now, if that's okay?" Lena says.

"Sure." Kara smiles, "I'll go wake Alura and make her breakfast."

Kara then makes a move to leave the bedroom.

"Uhhh.... Kara?" Lena calls out.

"Yeah?" Kara replies, turning back around.

"Aren't you forgetting about Morgan?" Lena says.

"Oh Rao! Morgan! I completely forgot!" Kara says.

Lena now chuckles.

"That's okay." Lena replies, "I'm sure it will take a bit of an adjustment for myself, you, and even Alura, to get used to Morgan being here, for however long she'll be staying with us."