Chapter 184 - Lillian's Condition

Kara and Lena have now been waiting in the waiting area of the hospital that Lillian has been taken to for almost 2 hours. Over that time, Kara has used her super hearing and x-ray vision, to check Lillian several times, upon Lena's request, and each time found nothing to be wrong, other than the Luthor matriarch being unconscious, and worked on by the doctors and other medical staff. Also, during this last hour, Kara and Lena have both spoken to Morgan and Alura on the phone, reassuring them that they are both fine and will be home soon. Presently, Morgan and Alura are still at The Tower with Ruby, Elizabeth, and Sam, who returned there after her call with Alex.

Meanwhile, at the DEO, over the last 2 hours Alex has been the one in charge of everything, because J'onn has been completely wiped out, and basically completely sapped of energy, and his powers. During this time, Alex has had to oversee all the healthy DEO agents to restore everything to order, and do a security sweep of the entire base, while also working with hospital medical staff who have been taking injured DEO agents to various hospital, or the dead bodies of DEO agents to morgues. Winn, thankfully, has been a big help to Alex, basically overseeing all the technology sweeps of the base by himself, along with a few other DEO agents.

Alex has wanted to get J'onn some sort of treatment, to try and get him back on his feet, but seeing as she is the only medical doctor who has alien medical training available right now, she has been far too busy doing other things to see to J'onn. Then, at the same time, J'onn has just insisted that Alex focus on everything else, with him remaining in the DEO medical bay resting.

The one final thing that Alex has had to deal with, is the capture of multiple DEO agents who betrayed them for Leviathan, and were coldly left behind by Leviathan when they ran once Supergirl arrived. This includes agent Vasquez, and about 3 other DEO agents. For now, Alex has just dealt with them by locking them up in the DEO cells, and telling Winn to oversee the security, and make sure the DEO agents won't be able to get out due to having any knowledge from working at the DEO.

Back at the hospital, Kara and Lena are sitting next to one another, holding hands. Over the last 2 hours Lena has been an utter and total mess. Lena is so worried that Lillian might actually die. The moment when Talia shot Lillian in the head keeps replaying in Lena's mind, and it's truly scaring for her. If it were not for Kara being beside her, and giving her the support and comfort she needs, Lena is pretty sure that she would have completely fallen to pieces by now.

"Family of Lillian Luthor?" A doctor eventually calls out, walking through two double doors.

Kara and Lena quickly stand up and walk over towards the doctor.

"Yes..... that's us." Lena says, nervously.

"Right." The doctor nods, "So.... what you need to know right now.... is Lillian is in a stable condition. We have put her in a medically induced coma to stop the risk of any potential swelling in the brain causing permanent damage. But from our preliminary checks, we believe that Lillian will make a recovery, but we don't know to what extent right now."

"What do you mean?" Kara asks.

"Until Lillian is awake, we won't be able to assess the extent of any potential brain damage that she may have suffered. And if she has any brain damage, it could come in all sorts of various forms. Amnesia is a possibility. Losing the ability to speak is another. Mobility issues is one. Or it could be a mix of all three, or something else entirely. We really won't know until she wakes from the coma." The doctor explains.

Lena nods her head, understanding what the doctor is saying.

"How long do you think.... you'll need to keep her in the coma?" Lena asks, nervously.