Chapter 157 - Mysterious Letter

It is now Christmas Eve, and Kara and Lena have been preparing to host everyone in their home for the next few days. It has all honestly been a nice little distraction from everything going on, even though in the back of Lena's mind she is still worried about Leviathan, and Lillian. However, none the less, they have all gotten on with everything, and already done a few Christmas themed things. Over the last week, Lena and Kara took Alura to see Santa, and the family even went to a nice Christmas fair, where they ate some lovely food, did some ice skating, and played a few Christmas themed games.

Currently, it is early on in the day of Christmas Eve, and Sam, Alex and Ruby are due to arrive later in the evening to then spend the night with them for the entirety of Christmas. Then on Christmas day itself, Winn, J'onn and Jess will all be coming over to Lena and Kara's penthouse, to spend the day with them. J'onn will even be bringing Lena's mom with him from the DEO, much to Lena's joy, even though a part of her is nervous for Alura to meet her mom after what happened. However, before that, sometime later this afternoon, Kara will quickly fly to Midvale to pick up Eliza, so she can then fly her back to National City, so the Danvers mother can spend Christmas with her family.

"Kara!" Lena yells out, as she gets everything ready on their dining table in the kitchen area.

Even though the group are not going to use the dining table until Christmas day itself, Lena is preparing it now, dressing the table, and putting all the plates, napkins, and Christmas crackers in the right place, just so she doesn't have to do any of this tomorrow. Lena already knows that tomorrow will be busy enough with her working with Alex, Sam, Eliza and Kara to make their Christmas roast turkey dinner. Lena did originally want to just hire a chef to cook them a Christmas dinner, but Kara was very insistent that they shouldn't take someone away from spending time with their family on Christmas, and that all of them cooking their Christmas dinner together would be a nice Christmas experience.

"Yes?!" Kara calls back, coming walking down the stairs, and into the living room/kitchen open plan area.

"Can you please go and make sure that all of the spare bedrooms have everything they need. Make sure the beds are made properly, and the bathrooms all have enough towels and everything. I want to make sure that everything is organised so we don't have to do anything once everyone has arrived." Lena explains.

Kara smiles softly at Lena, and walks closer to her.

"Calm down, Lee. It's going to be okay." Kara says, "You look like you're going crazy setting everything up. You're supposed to relax, and just have some fun."

Lena sighs.

"How can I have fun?" Lena asks, "We still have to organise everything."

"Yes." Kara nods in agreement, "But you don't need to act like it will be the end of the world if the table isn't perfectly made, or someone is missing a towel in their bathroom or something. We can fix that."

Lena looks into Kara's eyes, and then sighs.

"Yeah... okay... you're right." Lena relents.

"Come here." Kara says.

Kara then takes Lena in for a gentle hug, place a kiss on one of Lena's shoulders.

"I love you." Lena says.

"I love you too." Kara replies.

Kara and Lena continue to hug for a few moments, but they are soon interrupted by the sound of their daughter coming running down the stairs, despite how many times they've both told her not to run up and down them.

"I want a hug too!" Alura says, noticing her two parents hugging, and then running up to them, and wrapping her arms round both of them.

Kara and Lena both chuckle, and part from their hug a bit so Kara can pick Alura up in her arms, and then they can all hug in a better position.