Chapter 83 - Helping Lena Move

It is now Friday morning, and Kara wakes up, and immediately, even before she opens her eyes, she can tell that something is wrong, although she doesn't know what. So, Kara opens her eyes and looks to the other side of the bed, and that is when she sees that Lena isn't in bed with her. As a result of this Kara quickly uses her super hearing to check for Lena's heartbeat in the apartment, thinking that perhaps her girlfriend came back late last night and ended up falling asleep when she went in to give Alura her promised kiss. However, as soon as Kara uses her super hearing the only heartbeat in the apartment she can hear, other than her own, is Alura's. This immediately causes worry to shoot through Kara's body. Kara is worried that maybe something happened to Lena, and that is why she didn't come home last night. Then also, Kara is worried because if Lena isn't there when Alura wakes up, their daughter is going to be really upset.

Kara reaches over and grabs her phone, and sees that she doesn't even have a text from Lena or anything, which very much concerns her. Kara then looks at the time on her phone and sees that it is already 7:20AM, meaning that Lena would usually be up by now, but Kara thinks Lena would have woken her or something if she had come home and got up for work already. So, Kara decides to ring Lena. The phone rings 3 times, before it is then finally answer.

"Htmghhmmm.... hello?" Lena answers, in a sleepy voice.

"Oh, Lena, thank Rao." Kara says, breathing a sigh of relief. "I was worried."

"Worried? About what?" Lena asks, confused, still in a sleepy voice.

"You didn't come home." Kara says.

"I said I'd be home late I..... oh shoot..... is that the time?" Lena says, confused, the sleep now clearing from her brain.

"Yes, Lee. What happened?" Kara asks, "Did you stay up all night working?"

"No.... I.... I found something.... after midnight...... Then at about 1:30..... I wanted to rest my eyes for a few seconds...... and the next thing I know..... you woke me..." Lena explains.

"Oh, okay." Kara says, glad that at least Lena hasn't been working all night, and got some sleep, even if it couldn't have been a comfortable one. "Are you coming home now then?"

Lena is silent for a moment, and then she sighs.

"It's already almost 7:30.... I might as well just.... freshen up in my office and start my day." Lena says.

"No." Kara says, firmly.

"No?" Lena questions.

"No. You need to come home." Kara says, firmly again.

"Kara..." Lena tries to say.

"No, I'm not having this, Lena. I was okay with you working late, because I know L-Corp is important to you, and there was a fire. But you CAN'T just stay at work now, and not at least see Alura for a short period. She was upset all of last night, right until I put her to bed. So, you need to come home, not for you, or for me, but for Alura." Kara says, firmly once more.

"Okay, I'll be home soon." Lena quickly replies.

"Good." Kara replies.

"I'll see you in a bit." Lena says.

"Yes, you better be here by the time Alura wakes up." Kara says, in a firm tone.

"I'll leave now." Lena says.

"Hurry." Kara says.

Kara then ends the call, too annoyed with Lena right now to exchange any end of call pleasantries. Admittedly it may have not been the most mature thing for Kara to do, but she is just annoyed at Lena. But also, Kara is sympathising with Alura, and how she was feeling all of last night, which has just made Kara even more annoyed when Lena didn't even consider Alura when she suggested she'd stay at work.