Chapter 105 - Birthday Dinner

It is now later on in the day on Lena's birthday, and Sam, Alex and Ruby have just arrived at Kara and Lena's penthouse.

"Happy birthday Lena." Sam says to her best friend, taking her in for a tight hug.

"Thank you Sam." Lena replies, hugging Sam back.

Once Sam and Lena part from their hug, Alex, and then Ruby, give Lena a hug each, while also offering her a happy birthday as well. Lena honestly feels so happy with the love she is receiving from her friends and family right now. Growing up birthdays were not an important thing in the Luthor household, especially Lena's, so Lena had just grown to not pay much mind to her own birthday, not celebrating it at all. So, for Lena, it is such a wonderful change to have people celebrate her birthday with her, simply because they care about her, and want to celebrate her life.

"So... tell us.... what did you get for your birthday so far?" Sam asks, as the group make their way to the living room and take seats on the couches, "Or... are they some things that we don't really want to know?"

Alex groans.

"Please... I don't want to hear about any.... X rated thing my sister has got you...." Alex says, and then groans again.

Sam laughs at her girlfriend, rubbing her back.

"I didn't get her anything like that!" Kara protests.

"Well.... not yet..." Lena purrs, looking at Kara seductively.

"I said I didn't want to hear about it!" Alex says, groaning once more, her head in her hands now.

Lena chuckles.

"So, what did you get, Lena?" Sam asks.

Lena glances at Kara, and then Alura, with a smile growing on her face, once more feeling all the overwhelming love and affection she has received today by the very thoughtful and wonderful gifts she has been given.

"Well.... Kara..... she got me.... a picture of my birth mom and I... from when I was a child...... and then she also found my teddy bear.... which I thought Lillian burnt in a fire..." Lena explains, knowing that she can't go into details about how Kara time travelled with Ruby present, as that would give away her secret identity.

Lena picks up the framed picture, and the teddy bear, and carefully hands them both to Sam for her to have a look at.

"Oh.... that's wonderful." Sam says, with a smile, knowing how much those things must mean to her best friend, "How did you go about getting them, Kara?"

Kara bites her lip, nervously, glancing at Alex, who she didn't tell, and then Ruby.

"I uhh..... had a friend who helped me." Kara replies.

Alex now gives Kara a suspicious look.

"Right..." Sam says, not sure what that response from Kara means. Sam then turns and looks at Alura, "So, what did you get momma, Alura?"

Alura smiles up at Sam, proudly.

"Momma is going to be my momma!" Alura explains, excitedly.

Sam now grows a very confused expression on her face, not understanding what Alura is saying at all. Lena can't help but chuckle at Alura's explanation.

"I'm sorry.... what?" Sam asks, still confused.

Lena reaches over to the coffee table again, and this time hands Sam the large envelope, which have the now signed adoption papers inside. Sam takes the envelope, handing Lena back the teddy and the framed picture, and then examines the documents. While Sam is looking at the documents, Alex looks at them as well, over Sam's shoulder. After a few seconds, both Sam and Alex's eyes go wide in surprise.