Chapter 22 - Embarrassing Stories

Kara wakes up with a happy sigh as for the first time in almost 2 months she wakes with Lena in her arms. Although admittedly this time it's different, it's better. Better because previously when Kara woke up with Lena in her arms they were at the DEO in the middle of everything with Alura. They were just two people who were getting close to each other and becoming friends as they tried to save Kara's daughter, under horrific circumstances. Now, they have none of that drama, and they are not friends, they are girlfriends. It makes Kara incredibly happy to think about. Making the current state so much more enjoyable.

"I can hear you thinking." Lena mumbles, having woken up.

Kara chuckles.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Kara asks.

Lena turns over in the bed so she is facing Kara. She then takes the Kryptonian in for a kiss.

"Hmm yes, but that's okay. Waking up with a kiss with you is worth it." Lena hums.

Kara smiles and kisses Lena again, this time more forcefully. Lena responds by pulling Kara on top of her, not that Lena can actually do that. Kara is clearly just allowing Lena to move her. The two women then continue to kiss for a while before they lay back down next to each other, Kara's head resting on Lena's chest.

"That was nice." Kara says.

"Hmm, I agree." Lena replies.

Kara and Lena continue to lay like that for a while, just dozing and enjoying relaxing in bed with one another. But eventually Kara and Lena are both pulled from their dozing state by Alura jumping on the bed.

"Mommy!! Lena!!! Wake up!!" Alura says as she jumps up and down on the bed on her knees.

"uhmmm Alura, stop that." Kara groans.

"But it's morning mommy! I want to go ice skating again!" Alura says.

Lena now groans.

"Sorry Alura, but my legs are a bit too sore to do that again today. But I promise we'll ice skate again before we leave." Lena says.

"O... okay....." Alura says as she moves away from Lena's legs, clearly concerned that maybe Lena's legs are hurt and she shouldn't get near them. "Are you going to be okay Lena?" Lena smiles at Alura.

"I'll be fine darling. I just haven't exercised like that in a while, so my muscles are sore." Lena explains.

"Okay." Alura nods.

"Why don't you come here and give us a snuggle." Kara suggests as she gestures for Alura to get between her and Lena.

Kara and Lena both shift away from each other in the bed a bit, making a space for Alura between them.

"Okay." Alura smiles.

Alura then quickly gets between Kara and Lena under the covers and snuggles up against the two. She now has a big smile on her face. Lena gives Alura a kiss on her forehead while Kara strokes her side.

Alura continues to smile, happily. Meanwhile Kara continues to gently stroke Alura's side. Alura then leans her head so it's resting on the side of Lena's body. Then soon Alura closes her eyes. Kara and Lena look at each other with smiles, not saying a word, realising that Alura has fallen back to sleep. Kara and Lena then both decide to continue to doze with both of them closing their eyes.

A while later Kara, Lena and Alura are all woken up with another jolt.

"Wakey wakey!" Sam says, in a loud voice.

Lena groans and opens her eyes and sees that Sam and Alex have both decided to walk into their bedroom. Lena can't help but smile at the fact that she just called the bedroom they are in, their bedroom, instead of Kara's bedroom. Lena likes the sound of it.