Chapter 129 - Elizabeth Walsh

Lena's stomach does an absolutely massive flip as soon as a few results come up for her mother, Elizabeth Walsh. But eventually, after Lena gains some composure, she begins to read all the information, but as she does, her world falls apart. Lena reads how her mother was fascinated with ancient artifacts, and had somehow come into contact with Leviathan, to possibly ask for their help to attain said artifacts. In the files Lex theorises that it's possible Elizabeth Walsh was able to get in contact with Leviathan through Lionel Luthor. Lena then continues to read the file, and after a few more minutes, she comes across some final information that destroys her.

From the information I have been able to gather, over a period of 5 years Elizabeth Walsh worked in conjunction with Leviathan, researching and retrieving ancient artifacts from around the world. Once her daughter, Lena, was born, Elizabeth Walsh ceased going on any expeditions to retrieve artifacts she found. However, Elizabeth Walsh continued to remain in contact with Leviathan, and acted as a researcher, while their agents retrieved the artifacts. The artifacts themselves ranged from items such as the holy grail, the ark of the covenant, and the Crown Jewels of Ireland, along with various others. It is unclear why the potential rediscovery of these 'treasures' was kept secret. However, it is possible that these 'treasures' are alien in nature, and therefore Leviathan wanted to keep them a secret, and out of hands of humanity.

Relations between Elizabeth Walsh and Leviathan seemed to sour in 1997. It is unclear if Elizabeth Walsh's death was a result of this souring of relations. However, in a private memo in 1997, Lionel Luthor wrote to Leviathan, where he accused them of murdering Elizabeth Walsh, the woman who he loved. Further investigation into these claims is necessary.

As soon as Lena finishes reading those final sentences, she almost falls out of her chair, her heart broken, completely devastated. Lena had thought that Leviathan has only recently impacted her life in a negative way, but she now knows that the secret organisation has been effecting it for years. Lena is certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that Leviathan are the ones who killed her mother. It explains things in Lena's mind as to how her mother seemed to drown in a lake with calm waters, despite her being a good swimmer. It was Leviathan that took her mother away from her.

Once Lena finishes this thought in her head, she bursts into tears, everything being overwhelming right now.

"Lena I...." Alex says, walking in a few moments later, having finished her phone call, but pausing as soon as she notices Lena crying, "Lena, what's wrong?"

Alex goes running over to Lena, and tries to look her in the face, but all she sees is absolute devastation on the brunette's face. Alex realises that Lena must have read something in the files that caused this. So, Alex does the only thing she can think of, and takes Lena in for a hug.

"It's going to be okay, Lena. I'm here." Alex says, hugging her future sister tightly, wondering if these files contain something wicked from Lex Luthor that has triggered this emotional reaction in Lena.

"They killed her..... Leviathan killed her." Lena mutters into Alex's chest, as she continues to cry.

At first Alex thought she misheard Lena, and that the brunette said 'him' instead of 'her', thinking Lena must be talking about her father. However, as soon as Lena said 'her' a second time, Alex knew she didn't mishear anything.

"Killed who?" Alex asks, confused.

"E.... Elizabeth Walsh...... my mom...." Lena sobs.

Alex's eyes go wide at Lena telling her this, realising this must have completely and utterly devastated Lena's world.

"I'm sorry Lena.... I'm so sorry." Alex says, as she continues to hug Lena, deciding she will do what she told Lena a few months ago, and be her sister, being a person for her to cry with, and hug, when things are rough.