Chapter 149 - Alex's Birthday

It is now later on in the afternoon of Alex's birthday, and Kara, Lena and Alura are just arriving at Alex, Sam and Ruby's home. So far today, Lena and Kara have had a great time, never leaving their penthouse, other than to pick up Alura from school, and not wearing any clothes for most of the day. Needless to say, both Kara and Lena are currently incredibly satisfied, and in great moods.

"Mommy?" Alura says, from the back seat of the car.

"Yes, baby?" Kara replies, turning around to look at Alura, seeing as Lena is the one driving today.

"Why didn't I get to choose a birthday present for aunt Alex?" Alura asks.

Kara smiles widely at Alura.

"That's because the only birthday present Alex wants from you, is for you to be here with her, and give her a big hug and kiss." Kara explains.

"Okay." Alura smiles, very widely, with a nod of her head, "I'll do that."

Lena, Kara and Alura now pull up onto the driveway of Sam, Alex and Ruby's home. Once they do this, before they get out of the car, Lena turns to Kara.

"Do you mind getting Alura out while I make a call about Alex's present?" Lena asks.

"Sure. That's fine." Kara smiles back.

Kara and Lena both get out of the car. Lena then proceeds to walk to the street, further down the driveway, making a phone call, while Kara opens the door next to where Alura was sitting.

"What's momma doing?" Alura asks, curiously.

"She's just making a phone call to make sure aunt Alex's present is delivered on time." Kara explains.

"I thought your present to aunt Alex is in the back of the car?" Alura asks, confused.

"No. That is just part of Alex's birthday present from us. The other part is being delivered." Kara continues to explain.

"Oh. Okay." Alura nods.

Kara helps Alura out of her car seat, and the two then grab Alex's birthday present from the trunk of the car. The present is in a rectangle box that you can lift the lid off of, with the bow wrapped around it.

"What's inside?" Alura asks, curiously, as Kara hands her daughter the present to hold, because she knows that's a way for the 5-year-old to feel included.

"You'll have to wait and see." Kara says, with a smirk, "I know you, Alura, you are not very good at keeping secrets, especially from aunt Alex."

Alura then grows a pout on her face. Kara simply chuckles upon seeing it.

"Come on, baby. Let's head inside." Kara says, with a smile.

Kara and Alura proceed to walk up the driveway, and then knock on the front door. A few moments later, Sam opens the door for them.

"Hey guys!" Sam smiles, happily.

"Hey, Sam." Kara smiles back, stepping inside, followed by Alura.

"Hello, aunt Sam." Alura says.

"Hello, Alura. Where's Lena?" Sam asks.

"She's just making a phone call. She'll be in in a second." Kara explains.

Sam then peaks her head out of the front door and sees Lena on the phone standing at the end of the driveway.

"Okay." Sam says.

"Is everyone else already here?" Kara asks.

"Yeah. J'onn, Winn and Eliza are already here. You guys were the last ones to arrive." Sam explains.