Chapter 192 - Nia's Dream

It is now a few more days later, and Nia is still staying with Kara, Lena, Alura and Morgan, although she has promised Kara and Lena that she has been apartment hunting. Lena and Kara are not too bothered about how long Nia stays though, because Alura and Morgan absolutely adore her, and Nia is more than happy to play with Alura and Morgan, no matter what activity they want to do. Nia has been swimming with the girls, played dress up, had a tea party, while also having played with a bunch of their toys. It seems that Nia being younger than Kara and Lena, and all the other adults that Alura and Morgan know, has allowed her to sort of create a very special bond with the two young children. Nia has been able to get in touch with her inner child, which has allowed her to get more in sync with Morgan and Alura. In fact, Lena and Kara know that when Nia does leave, and gets her own place, Morgan and Alura are going to be very sad. That is another reason that neither of them have even asked Nia about her apartment hunt. They don't want Nia to feel like they are prompting her, or rushing her to leave or anything.

Presently, it is late in the afternoon of a weekday. Nia is currently sitting on one of the couches in the living room, dozing in and out of sleep. Kara and Lena have noticed that Nia tends to sleep like this sometimes, but they have put it down to her narcolepsy. Kara and Lena are in the kitchen, just putting the finishing touches on their dinner for the evening, while Alura and Morgan are upstairs, playing or something.

"Okay. I think it's time to call the girls." Lena smiles, once she and Kara finish dishing up all the food onto 5 plates.

"Yeah. And wake Nia." Kara says, nodding her head in Nia's direction.

Lena simply chuckles at noticing Nia half asleep, or maybe completely asleep.

"Go on. You call the girls. I'll wake Nia." Lena says.

Kara nods her head, and then makes her way over to the staircase. Lena, meanwhile, walks over to Nia, about to wake her up.

"Girls! Dinner!" Kara yells up the stairs.

"Nia we...." Lena begins.

Suddenly Nia jerks awake.

"Morgan!" Nia yells out.

Nia quickly goes running out of the living room, and towards the staircase, while Morgan and Alura can both be heard running towards the stairs from upstairs. As Nia approaches the stairs, Kara notices Nia running towards her, and grows a confused look on her face. Nia soon runs up the stairs, and at the same time, Morgan and Alura begin to run down. However, just as Morgan and Alura get about 4 steps down the staircase, Morgan trips, and begins to fall over, with nowhere to catch her balance or anything. Thankfully though, Nia is just in time to grab her, and prevent her from falling.

"Gotcha!" Nia says, grabbing hold of Morgan, and breathing a big sigh of relief.

"Nia." Morgan says, letting out a shaky breath, clearly frightened by what just happened.

"Yeah, it's me." Nia smiles, while still holding Morgan close to her.

Meanwhile, Lori is just standing towards the bottom of the stairs now, with a confused look on her face, while Kara has a shocked one. Kara knows that somehow Nia knew that Morgan was going to fall, but she shouldn't have.

"Uhhhhh..... girls.... let's..... have dinner...." Kara says, in a slow manner, still a bit confused about what Nia just did.

"Yeah." Nia nods, and carefully places Morgan back down onto the ground.

Nia and Morgan then walk down the stairs, meeting Kara and Lori at the bottom.

"Are you okay, Morgan?" Kara asks.