Chapter 167 - Lena Returns

The first thing Kara hears, as she comes back into the land of consciousness, is the sound of a very familiar voice. A voice that makes her heart beat faster, and makes her feel so very good. A voice that feels like velvet to Kara's ears. Lena's voice.

"Darling, darling." Lena says, as she notices Kara begin to wake up.

Kara groans and then slowly opens her eyes. At first, Kara's vision is blurred, but as she blinks a few times she sees that she's in a medical room in the DEO, and Lena is sitting next to her, while she is laying on a bed.

"Lena?" Kara says.

"Yes, I'm here, darling." Lena says, as she caresses one of Kara's cheeks.

Kara looks at Lena for a moment, and feels her touch, feeling so very emotional.

"I'm sorry." Kara says, and then begins to cry.

"No. It's okay." Lena says, as she moves one of her hands to stroke Kara, "We can talk about that later. But I promise, we are okay. I have already forgiven you. I'm sorry I ran away..... But... now the only thing that matter is making you better."

"Okay." Kara nods, after a few moments silence, clearing some of her tears from her eyes, "What happened?"

Lena opens her mouth to speak, but then Alex walks into the room.

"Oh, she's awake." Alex says.

"Yeah." Lena nods.

"Let me check her." Alex says.

Lena then backs away from Kara's bedside, and allows Alex to approach her sister and start some medical checks, which includes flashing a bright light in Kara's eyes.

"What happened, Alex?" Kara asks, as she flinches from the lights in her eyes.

"It looks like the humans who shot at you caused Morgan to get scared again, and because you were standing in front of her, her spikes, or whatever they are, shot out and hit you in the back, being able to penetrate your skin." Alex explains, "Usually everything would have been fine, but you were very unlucky, with the spike hitting a vein, which caused you to lose a lot of blood and pass out."

"Oh...." Kara says, taking all that information in, before falling silent for a few seconds, "What about Morgan? Is she okay?"

"Yes. She's fine." Alex nods, "She is here in the DEO, currently being treated for some minor scrapes."

"Can I see here?" Kara asks.

"Kara.... you're not healed yet...." Alex replies.

"Alex.... I feel fine." Kara replies, "But if you don't want me to move, you can bring her in here."

Alex looks at Kara for a moment and sighs.

"Okay." Alex says, and then leaves the medical room Kara is in.

Once Alex leaves, Kara turns to look at Lena.

"Where's Alura?" Kara asks.

"Sam picked her up from school." Lena replies, "She is currently hanging out with Ruby at Sam and Alex's home."

"Oh, that's good." Kara nods.

There is than an awkward silence between Kara and Lena, as neither of them know what to say next.

"Kara... listen I..." Lena says.

"Lena I...." Kara says, at the same time.

Both Kara and Lena stop speaking.

"You go first." Kara says.

Lena nods her head, and then sighs.

"I'm sorry for getting so mad at you for..... what you did...." Lena replies, "I.... I know you weren't deciding what's best for me like Lillian and Lex used to.... You were doing it out of a place of love, because you care about me."