Chapter 23 - The Road Home

It is the 2nd of January and everyone is preparing to head home from the cabin. Most of the group are sad about it because over the last week and a bit everyone has had such a fun relaxing time with one another.

"Do you have everything Alura?" Lena asks Alura as she walks into the four-year-olds room.

Kara asked Lena to just check on Alura to makes sure her daughter hasn't left any of her stuff behind, while she packs away her things in her room.

"Uhh... I think so Lena.... I don't know where to put these." Alura says as she holds up her white ice skates.

Lena smiles at Alura.

"Let me take them for you and put them in my bag." Lena says.

"Okay." Alura nods with a grin.

Lena takes the ice skates and places them in her bag before zipping it back up and then bringing it out of her room, having made sure she left nothing behind. Lena is met in the hallway by Kara.

"You all good?" Kara asks Lena with a grin.

"Yeah, I think so." Lena smiles.

"Alright, I'll just do an x-ray vision of all our rooms, just to be doubly sure." Kara explains.

Lena smirks and takes Kara in for a gentle kiss.

"Now that's useful." Lena smiles.

Kara grins at Lena and the two are then met in the hallway by Alura pulling her bag out of her room.

"Why don't you both head downstairs while I make sure we haven't left anything behind." Kara suggests.

"Of course." Lena smiles, "Come on Alura, let's go."

"Okay." Alura smiles, "Bye, bye room."

"Aww." Lena can't help but say by Alura's cuteness.

Lena then picks up Alura's bag for her, and carries it downstairs with her own, with Alura following closely behind her. Lena is met in the living room by Eliza, Sam and Ruby.

"You guys all packed?" Sam asks with a smile.

"Yeah, we think so." Lena replies.

"Where's the tree?" Alura asks, noticing the Christmas tree is gone.

"Oh, J'onn chopped it up before he left with Winn earlier." Eliza explains.

Lena is pretty confident that J'onn most likely used his powers to chop the tree into pieces, but obviously Sam and Ruby can't be told that.

"I can't believe they left so early." Sam says.

"Yes, well they wanted an early start." Eliza partially lies.

"Okay, well, do you want to put your stuff in my car then, Sam?" Lena asks.

Sam bites her lip.

"About that..... I was talking to Alex and... we thought it would be best if you, Kara and Alura drove back in your car together. Then Alex, Ruby and I will drive back in Alex's car." Sam explains.

"Oh, if you're sure. What times your flight?" Lena asks.

"It's 6PM, tonight. So, we probably won't see you once we leave." Sam says.

"Oh, okay. Well, you'll have to text me when you arrive at the airport, and when you get back home to Metropolis." Lena says.

"Of course." Sam smiles.

"What about Eliza?" Ruby asks.

"Oh." Sam says and then turns to Eliza. "I hope you don't mind going in Lena's car with Kara and Alura. If you come with us the diversion to Midvale might cut it close to Ruby and I missing our flight home."