Chapter 124 - Alex & Ruby's Day

Kara, Lena and Alura all had a nice lazy start to their morning, the family not needing to rush to the airport, or have a specific check out time of the hotel or anything, all of which are just perks of Lena being rich. The trio began their day by Lena ordering all of them a nice English breakfast, which Kara and Alura absolutely adored. They all decided to eat their food sitting on Kara and Lena's bed, with Alura in the middle of the two parents. Once they were done with their food, the family began getting washed and dressed, before then packing all their things away. None of this was done in a rush or anything though; they were all able to take their time. About an hour and a half after they finished eating their breakfast, Kara, Lena and Alura were all ready to leave, and Lena did one last sweep of the hotel room to make sure they didn't leave anything behind. Once Lena confirmed this, the family left the hotel, and were driven to a private airport, where they then boarded Lena's private jet.

Presently the family are on Lena's private jet, which took off about 10 minutes ago. Alura is looking out of the windows on one side of the plane, while Kara and Lena are sitting on another side, facing one another. Throughout the morning, despite it being a rather easy and lazy one, Alura has been noticeably sad. The parents know this is because their daughter is simply upset of leaving the magic of Disney World behind; even with assurances they will return one day, it hasn't helped with Alura's sombre mood.

"Alura?" Kara calls out, after a few moments of the parents simply looking at Alura looking out the window.

"Yes?" Alura replies, looking back over at Kara.

"What are you looking at?" Kara asks.

"I'm trying to spot Disney." Alura explains, sweetly.

Both Kara and Lena's hearts melt at Alura saying that.

"Alura, we are already too far away for you to be able to see any of the parks. I'm sorry." Lena says, feeling bad for her daughter.

"Oh." Alura says, in a sad tone.

"Come here." Kara says, gesturing for Alura to come sit in the seat next to her.

Alura nods her head and then gets up from her chair and sits in the one next to Kara.

"I promise, we will come back." Kara says, placing a kiss on one of Alura's cheeks, "And maybe next time we can bring aunt Alex, and perhaps Sam and Ruby too?"

"Really?!" Alura asks, excitedly.

Kara and Lena chuckle at Alura's excitement.

"Yeah." Kara nods, "But don't get too excited over it yet, it won't be for a while."

"O...kay." Alura replies, with a bit of a pout of her face.

The trio sit there in silence for a little while, and that is when Lena thinks that now might be the ideal time to bring up a conversation she and Kara had the previous night.

"Alura?" Lena says.

"Yes, momma?" Alura replies, looking at Lena.

"Mommy and I were talking last night..." Lena begins, "and you know how I have adopted you? And you are my daughter now?"

"Yes..." Alura replies, with a confused look on her face.

"Well.... you know how you asked about being a Luthor and a Danvers?..... about the possibility of changing your last name to include Luthor, as well as Danvers?" Lena says.

Alura's eyes light up, clearly remembering the conversation.

"Yes. I remember." Alura nods.