Chapter 30 - Sam's House

It is now a few days after Alura's birthday and Lena's surprise return. Since then, Kara, Lena and Alura have virtually seen each other every single day. The only days that they didn't get to see each other were Wednesday and Thursday, and this was only due to Lena having really late nights working at L-Corp, so she didn't get to go spend the evening with Kara and Alura. But other than the three ladies not seeing each other on those two days, everything has been amazing for them. Alura has been happier than ever. Since Lena returned and surprised them all, Alura can't keep the smile off her face. Alura is just so happy that Lena got to actually see her on her birthday. Then at the same time, Kara is pretty happy too. Kara absolutely adores her girlfriend for so many reasons, she is smart, beautiful, caring, intelligent and has a certain sense of humour Kara loves, among so many other qualities brilliant qualities. Then also, Kara just loves how well Lena and Alura get on with each other, Kara thinks that the two have created such a strong bond. Frankly, when Kara first had Alura she never thought that Alura would have that strong a bond with anyone else, other than her. Of course Kara has all her family and friends who also have bonded with Alura, but none of them have that same bond that a mother and daughter have, including Alex. So, it makes Kara ever so happy to see Lena and Alura create this amazingly incredible bond that Kara hopes can continue to ignite into an everlasting flame, just like hers with Alura.

It is currently Friday and Lena is in the middle of yet another hectic day at L-Corp. Lena's morning has been full of meetings, lab updates and just about everything in between. Usually Lena can break her day up easily by enjoying lunch with Kara, but today she has been unable to squeeze that into her tightly packed schedule. Then at the same time Lena and Kara have been having less lunches together now that they are basically spending almost every evening with one another, neither of the two women want to become that couple, that is attached by the hip and can't do anything without each other present. This way Kara can spend her lunch catching up with her friends, who she is seeing less in the evenings now she is spending most of that time with Lena and Alura.

Currently it is 1PM and Lena isn't actually working at L-Corp, she and Jess have taken a ride to a house for rent just outside of the city which is Sam's first choice out of the properties she wants to live in, that Jess provided her with. As Sam doesn't have the time to fly all the way out to National City just to take a tour of a few houses, she has asked Lena and Jess to both look at her top choice, just to make sure that there isn't any major difference between the pictures and the house in person. Lena, being Lena, wanted to do all the works and have the house officially inspected, but both Sam and Jess told Lena she was being far to extra, so Lena backed down.

The property that Lena and Jess are visiting this afternoon is a lovely house with 3 bedrooms, and a nice sized yard at the back of the house with its own driveway and garage. The house is also in a very nice neighbourhood with almost no crime whatsoever, and then to top it off, the local school is one of the top-rated public schools in all of National City, and they are happy to accept Ruby in the middle of the year. Ruby for her part also loves the local school because it has some great sports programmes, including soccer, with a few alumni of the school having gone on to become professional athletes. Ruby only being a young teenager doesn't actually know what she wants to do with her life after school, but she does know that she loves sports, particularly soccer, and so she just wants to pursue those interests, something Sam has always encouraged.

Lena and Jess arrive at the house at just after 1PM. The two women have planned to each have a very thorough look through the property to see if they can each spot anything wrong with it, that the pictures are hiding. Both of the women are well aware that Sam has utterly fallen in love with the property, so both Lena and Jess are hoping that they don't find something wrong to shatter Sam's dreams. Sam for her part did consider asking Alex to also check out the property to see what she thinks of it, but as the two are taking things slow and have only talked a few more times on the phone since their date, Sam decided that asking that of Alex would be a bit too much. But Sam is more than happy with Lena and Jess being her snoops to try and sniff out anything bad the property is hiding. Sam thinks she couldn't have picked two more thorough and determined women. Sam actually thinks that that may be the reason that Lena and Jess work so well together, as both women are similar in that regard, despite having many differences elsewhere.