Chapter 142 - Confirmation

A few minutes after leaving the shadow woman's cell, Kara and J'onn arrive in one of the DEO medical labs, where Winn is currently working away, running a DNA match test.

"Well, Winn?" Kara questions, basically as soon as she walks into the room.

"Give me a bit, why don't you?" Winn says, sarcastically, "It's not like I'm a doctor, or even a medical professional or anything. This is my first time doing this. It's going to take me a bit."

"Sorry." Kara apologises, "I just.... really need to know if this is the truth."

"I know." Winn replies, with a nod of his head, and then continues to work away at the DNA matching machine.

After this, for the next few minutes, Kara paces the medical room in silence, while J'onn sits there, looking stoic as usual, and Winn continues to monitor the test.

"Kara, sit down." J'onn eventually says, Kara's pacing finally getting on his nerves.

Kara lets out a huff.

"I can't sit still right now, not when I'm thinking about the fact that we may just be able to get confirmation that this shadow woman is my fiancé's mom, who we all have believed has been dead for the last 20 years." Kara says.

J'onn sighs.

"I know this is really difficult for you, Kara." J'onn says, "But you need to keep it together, okay?"

"Yeah..... I know...." Kara nods, "Just...... distract me somehow.... while we wait."

"Okay." J'onn nods back, "So, have you and Lena made any plans for your wedding yet?"

"No. Not really. Lena and Alura were supposed to go dress shopping for what Alura is going to wear to the ceremony, but I'm not sure if they even did that with everything that went on with Alex." Kara says.

"Kara, the point was to distract you, not for you to talk more about that stuff." J'onn huffs.

"Well, you're not doing a good enough job then!" Kara pouts.

J'onn rolls his eyes.

"Fine. Seeing as you seemingly haven't made any plans yet with Lena, for your wedding, what are you thinking? What would your ideal wedding be?" J'onn asks.

Kara now gets a thoughtful look on her face, as honestly, she hasn't even really thought about that yet. The thoughts that Kara have simply had about the wedding so far are that she and Lena would work together to figure out what their perfect wedding would be, for both of their tastes, and cultures.

"I don't know really..... I guess I would have to think about it a lot more." Kara replies, "Cause'..... on Krypton..... weddings..... they weren't really a thing like they are here on Earth. Marriages, and therefore weddings, on Krypton were more about unions of two houses for the benefit of each house, rather than being about love and everything. On Krypton, the ceremonies we did have were not very personal or anything, just an official process. Although, I know that wasn't the case for everyone. There were some couples who were actually in love before getting married, and did have more of a personal ceremony, like Kal's parents. But I never saw any of them."

"So that would suggest you'd want a more Earth-like ceremony?" J'onn asks, hoping to continue the conversation, and thereby continue to distract Kara.

"I guess so." Kara nods, "Although, I would like to incorporate Kryptonian's beliefs in Rao into the ceremony, rather than it being about an Earth god or anything. I don't think Lena will have a problem with that, as she's not a religious person anyway. But other than that.... I'm not sure...... I mean.... I don't even know if I want to wear a wedding dress, a suit, or something else, or what Lena will wear.... Or even where we should have the ceremony.... And then we have to talk about who we are going to invite..... which people are going to have which roles in the ceremony....... and oh Rao.... we have so much to do!"