Chapter 171 - Adoption

After Lena makes the promise to her mom, she spends about 5 more minutes simply spending time with her mom, and chatting with her, trying to make her mom feel less guilty about everything. Eventually though, Lena does have to leave her mom's room, as she knows that she will now need to go and discuss things with Kara. Lena just hopes that Kara feels the same way as she does about Morgan, and agrees with what she wants to do. Lena's heart might just break if Kara doesn't.

"So, you know everything now?" J'onn asks Lena as she closer the door to her mom's room behind her.

"I do." Lena nods.

"I have already set Winn to work on finding how Leviathan could have hidden these signals from detection. He is going to work with your mom to figure out how we can detect them. I'm sure they'd both be happy for your help too. If you can spare the time." J'onn says.

"Sure.... but..... I have to focus on Morgan now." Lena says.

"Right." J'onn nods.

"So.... we really believe that her parents are dead?" Lena asks J'onn.

J'onn is silent for a moment.

"It seems likely...." J'onn replies, "From what we have been told by Morgan herself, it does look like her parents may have been killed by Leviathan. Of course, I'm sure Morgan could tell us more if we asked her, and maybe even lead us to the sight where it happened. But I don't think that would be a good idea."

"I agree." Lena says, "The last thing we should do is inflict more emotional damage on the girl. She is already traumatised with what happened to her parents. She cried herself to sleep last night after telling me she missed her mommy and daddy."

J'onn grows a very sympathetic look on his face after Lena says that.

"Okay." J'onn says, with a nod of his head, "So.... I hope it will be okay for Morgan to stay with you and Kara for a little longer. I now do plan for the DEO to acquire the resources to set up adoptions for any alien children that we find."

"You should do that." Lena agrees, "But not for Morgan."

"What?" J'onn says, confused.

"I..... I want to talk to Kara about it first..... but..... don't worry about finding Morgan somewhere else to live...... unless I say so." Lena clarifies.

"Okay.... I understand." J'onn replies.

Lena and J'onn then walk back through the DEO, with the two separating, and J'onn going somewhere to deal with other DEO matters, while Lena goes to the medical bay where Kara, Alura and Morgan are.

"Hey guys." Lena smiles, walking in the room and seeing that Alex is doing a blood pressure test on Morgan.

"Momma!" Alura smiles, widely.

"Is everything going okay in here?" Lena asks, with a smile, walking closer to Alex and Morgan, with Alura sitting on the bed next to Morgan, holding the little alien girl's hand.

"Yes. Alex says my blood is good." Morgan explains, still in a bit of a shy voice.

"That's good." Lena smiles.

Lena then turns around and looks at her future wife.

"Kara, we need to talk, alone." Lena says, in a hushed voice.

"I uhhh.... okay." Kara replies, before turning to Alex, "Do you mind watching Alura and Morgan for a bit?"

"Sure." Alex smiles, "Alura can help me run some more medical test on Morgan."

"Great." Kara smiles.

"We won't be long." Lena says to Alex.

Alex nods her head back at Lena.