Chapter 187 - Finances

It is now a few more days later, and Lillian is finally being released from the hospital, and moved into The Tower, where the group have set up another specialised room for the Luthor matriarch, just like they did with Elizabeth. It is just lucky that due to the Martian technology The Tower's rooms are very flexible, almost as if it's a Tardis from Doctor Who. A comment that Winn constantly makes all the time.

In regards to Lillian's recovery, she has begun to regain a bit of movement in her legs, and in turn has started to do some therapy, as she will have to learn to walk again. The neurologist has told Lena and Lillian that the most likely thing that happened, is that even though the bullet didn't go through Lillian's skull, it did create pressure inside her skull, which ultimately has led to some form of brain damage. The neurologist has made it clear that the recovery is a long process, and it may not be entirely linear. Lillian's only major symptom for now might be that she lacks full movement of her legs, as she recovers from being paralysed, but in the future other symptoms might start to show. This ranges from Lillian having emotional outbursts at times, to Lillian just having a lack of energy and being really tired, or even maybe Lillian being confused, almost as if she were a dementia patient.

"Okay, mom, here we are." Lena says, as she wheels Lillian out of the elevator, and into the main entrance of The Tower, along with Kara.

As Kara, Lena and Lillian enter The Tower, Lillian takes a few moments to look around, noticing the big computer station, the balcony, and the open space of the main entrance to The Tower.

"Well.... I have to say.... I certainly wasn't expecting this when we entered through that detective's office, which honestly looks more like a book store." Lillian comments.

"That's kind of the point, mother. We don't want anyone walking in here." Lena says.

"Right." Lillian nods.

"So, why don't we show you around The Tower a little bit, so you get used to the surroundings and everything?" Kara suggests, "There are multiple floors, and this is the top one. Here there is this main area, a few training rooms, and a lab. Then downstairs, there is a big open living room type area, several more labs, and multiple rooms we have now turned into bedrooms where you and Elizabeth will be staying."

"Hmm.... so I'm going to be roommates with your real mom?" Lillian asks.

"Yes.... I guess." Lena says, a bit awkwardly, "But you have your own bathroom and everything, so you don't have to worry about that."

"Hmmm.... that's not going to be awkward at all." Lillian hums.

"Well, if you don't want to stay here with my mom, I could always stick you into some sort of care facility in the middle of nowhere, under a false name, so no one knows where you are?" Lena suggests.

Lillian chuckles.

"No. I'm sure living here will be just fine." Lillian replies, with a smirk.

"Good." Lena nods.

Lena and Kara then spend the next half an hour showing Lillian around the entirety of The Tower, before they finally end up in Lillian's room, that they all have made for her. The room itself is much like Elizabeth's, and is rather simple, but it does have a few handles here and there to help Lillian move about, seeing as she is in a wheelchair.

"Much more basic than I'm used to." Lillian comments.

"Well, like I said, the alternative is a care facility in the middle of nowhere, or you could go back to prison?" Lena says, dryly.

Lillian huffs.

"I wasn't making that comment to be spiteful or anything. It was just a comment." Lillian says.