Chapter 186 - House Hunting

It is now a few more days later, and over the last few days Lillian's condition has got a lot better. Lillian is now a lot less tired than she was before, and this has meant that Lena has actually been able to talk to her mother a bit. This is has been furthered by the fact that Lillian has recovered more of her ability to talk. However, the one big negative that has occurred over the last few days, is Lillian can no longer feel her legs, meaning she can't walk, and is currently paralysed from the waist down. Once the doctors discovered this, they did run multiple tests on Lillian, and they believe that this is a result of the damage done to Lillian's brain, due to the bullet wound, even though the bullet didn't actually go through the skull. But the doctors also believe that in situations like this, it might just be a matter of time for Lillian to actually get the movement in her lower body back, which will also mean Lillian having to have a lot of therapy sessions to learn to walk again. However, before any of that can happen, there needs to be a sign that Lillian is regaining some of her movement in her lower body.

"I'm so sorry this is happening to you." Lena says to her mom, after the doctors leave Lillian's room after doing another test on the Luthor matriarch's legs.

"It's okay, Lena. It's not your fault." Lillian replies.

"I can't help but feel that it is though. You were doing all this to protect me." Lena says.

Lillian sighs.

"Yes. But maybe I was also doing it for myself too. Maybe I wanted to see if I could be a better person. But either way, it's not your fault. None of this is." Lillian says.

Lena doesn't reply to Lillian saying that.

"Is that why you have been here so often?" Lillian asks, "You feel guilty? So you have been sticking to my side, as if something is going to happen to me at any moment? Because you feel responsible?"

"No." Lena replies, "I'm here because you're my mother, and I don't want to lose you!"

Lillian sighs and gives Lena a caring look.

"Lena...." Lillian begins, in a soft voice, "Everything is okay. I'm safe. You can't just keep spending all your time here. You have a company to run. You have a family to spend time with, a life to get on with."

"But you're my family too." Lena says.

"I am." Lillian nods, "But, I'm only a small part of it. You have so many different members of your family now. You have your mom, you have your future wife, your two daughters, and all your other friends. You can't ignore them for me."

"I'm not ignoring them." Lena says back.

"Hmmm... maybe ignoring is not the right word. But even though I'm stuck in the hospital, I have heard that you haven't gone to try on your wedding dress yet." Lillian says.

"How... how did you hear about that?" Lena asks, surprised.

"I overheard you and Kara talking the other day, when you thought I was asleep." Lillian replies, "But you should go try on your dress. Don't hamper your wedding in any way just because you think you have to watch me."

"Okay." Lena says, after a moments silence, as she knows that if Lillian is saying it too, then she really needs to actually do something, "But..... there is something I'm going to need from you."

"What is that?" Lillian asks, with a smirk.

"On my wedding day.... I..... I want you to walk me down the aisle with my mom....." Lena says.

Lillian grows a big smile on her face after hearing that.

"Your wedding's only a few months away. I'm not sure I'll be able to walk by then, but I'll certainly wheel down the aisle with you." Lillian says, with a bit of a chuckle.