Chapter 82 - Lab Fire

After Lena and Alura enjoyed their night at Sam and Ruby's, the duo returned to Kara's apartment for the night, with Lena saying a brief hello/goodbye to Alex as she left from having her sister's night with Kara. Alura however didn't get a chance to speak to her aunt Alex, because she had completely passed out on the car ride home from Sam and Ruby's, which meant that Lena had to carry the five-year-old into the apartment, trying her best not to wake her. After that, Lena put Alura to bed, before then joining Kara in her, now their, bedroom, and settling in for the evening.

It is now Thursday morning, and as has become the usual routine, Kara and Lena are both waking up in bed together. Both women still can't help but grow happy smiles on their faces as soon as they wake up and see the other lying next to them. Even though Kara and Lena have been together for 4, going on 5, months now (minus the month they broke up), they both still get the thrill of waking up wrapped in one another. In fact, both Kara and Lena are pretty sure that that feeling is never going to go away, and they will have many many many years together to continue to feel this way. Kara and Lena just can't wait to spend the rest of their lives together, and after everything they have been through, as well as Alura, they are both confident in themselves to know that will be the case, even if they aren't married, at least yet. Marriage will come one day, but not just yet, both Kara and Lena want to continue to grow outside of marriage before they take that massive step. But for now, they are taking the big step of moving in together.

"Mhmmmmm..... morning darling." Lena says, with a yawn, as she wakes up and notices Kara snuggling closer to her, signalling to the Luthor that her beautiful alien girlfriend is awake.

"Hmmmm... morning....." Kara hums, burying her head in Lena's chest.

Lena breaks out into a wide smile as she feels Kara move her head further and further into her. Lena honestly doesn't think that she will ever get used to receiving such unconditional love and affection from her girlfriend, her years being raised by the Luthors have scarred her on the affection front. But perhaps now Lena is actually reaping the rewards of all the horrors she went through. As now any affection or love from both Kara and/or Alura is heightened tenfold, due to Lena's lack of it growing up, even if that is a terribly sad thing.

"Did you sleep well, darling?" Lena asks, as she places a kiss on one of Kara's cheeks.

"Always sleep well with you." Kara mumbles, sleepily, into Lena's chest.

Lena chuckles, while also feeling her heart literally skip a beat. Lena just loves Kara so much.

"I love you." Lena says, not having anything else to say right now, just being completely overwhelmed by Kara's love, and needing to express that love right back to Kara.

"Love you too." Kara mumbles.

Lena just lays there for a while, deciding to soak the moment in, as she thinks, what is the point of these moments if she doesn't actually take time to truly appreciate and enjoy them? However, eventually 10 minutes pass, and Lena knows that, unfortunately, she has to get up to go to work.

"Darling, I need you to move. I have to go to work." Lena says, in a sad tone.

"Noooo." Kara moans, still mumbling into Lena's chest. "Stay here."

Lena shoots a sad smile at Kara, even though she knows her girlfriend can't see her.

"I'm sorry darling, but I can't. I have some important business to attend to today." Lena explains.

Kara lets out a huff and moves away from Lena's chest, before then turning over, looking away from Lena.

"Oh, come on darling, don't be like that." Lena says.