Chapter 199 - One Last night

It is now Thursday, two days before Kara and Lena's wedding, and a day before the wedding party all head up outside National City, to the hotel they will all be staying at for the duration of the wedding weekend. So far this week, Kara and Lena have continued to finish up everything that they need to do at each of their jobs. For Lena, this has meant making sure that every single department in L-Corp doesn't have anything coming up within the next 2 weeks that will need her direct attention, or a response to. Sam will be taking on the role of CEO while Lena is on her honeymoon, but seeing as Sam will also be continuing to do everything she does as CFO also, Lena doesn't want Sam to have too much work while she is gone, and be completely overloaded. As for Kara, she has just been wrapping up all her work at CatCo, and making sure that everyone knows that for the next 2 weeks she will be unavailable, as she will be on her honeymoon. Then Kara has also been continuing to work with Nia, to make sure that the young reporter has everything in order to work on her own for the next two weeks. Kara and Nia have just finished their second article which they have written jointly together, so Kara is pretty happy that Nia knows what she is doing, and will be able to handle whatever comes her way over these next two weeks.

Currently, it is the afternoon, and Kara and Nia are just getting back to the penthouse, where Lena, Alura and Morgan are waiting for them. Today, Lena finished work early, so she went to pick Alura up from school, and then came home for the day. Morgan still hasn't started to go to school yet, and has just continued to work with her private tutor at L-Corp, but Kara and Lena do know that they'll need to start Morgan in school pretty soon. However, the couple have decided that it can wait for the next school year, seeing as it's almost the end of this one, and then hopefully Morgan will be able to be placed in the same school as Alura, even if she is a couple years younger than the 6-year-old. The one thing that Kara, Lena, and even Morgan's tutor, have noticed though, is just like Alura, Morgan is incredibly intelligent for her age, so they know that she'll likely be placed a year or so higher in school than she usually would be for her age.

"Welcome home, guys." Lena says, welcoming Nia and Kara.

"Hi." Kara smiles, happily, and takes Lena in for a deep kiss.

As the week has continued on, Kara has got more and more excited, as it gets closer to her and Lena's wedding. Honestly, Kara has never felt this excited over anything. In fact, there have been times when Kara thinks about her wedding to Lena, and she feels so happy, and so excited, while looking forward to it, that she feels like passing out. It gets a bit overwhelming, but in such a good way. Then for Lena's side of things, the brunette is just as happy and excited, as her upcoming wedding is something that a few years ago she would have thought would be completely impossible for her. But now, in a few days time, she is going to get married to the love of her life, who is an alien woman, and their two kids will also be in attendance at the wedding. Honestly, if someone told Lena that this would be her life before she moved to National City, she would have laughed them out of the room. But this is her life now, and she couldn't be happier. Lena knows that the moment she and Kara are finally announced as being married, will be one of the happiest moments of her life, the only ones it wouldn't beat out is the day that she officially adopted Alura, and the day she and Kara adopted Morgan.

While Kara and Lena greet each other with a kiss, Morgan and Alura greet Nia by each giving her a hug, which has become a common occurrence to both of the kids nowadays. Although, Kara and Lena have made sure to make it clear to Alura and Morgan, that Nia will be moving out at the end of the week, as they don't want their kids to forget about it, and then be upset when it happens. So, Kara and Lena think that because Alura and Morgan know that Nia soon won't be living with them, the two girls have been even more affectionate and loving with Nia recently, savouring every single moment that they have shared with Nia, and giving the young woman a lot of hugs.