Chapter 95 - Shadow Woman Rescue

It is now just after 12PM on the Saturday, and Lena and Alura have been joined by Alex, Sam and Ruby, who brought lunch just as they said. As soon as Sam, Alex and Ruby arrived they all gave Lena and Alura big hugs, knowing that the mother and daughter are very much struggling right now. After that, the group then all sat down and began to eat the pizzas that Sam, Alex and Ruby had brought with them. While they were eating the food things were a bit weird, because it was rather quiet, as no one knew what to talk about. So, the group mostly ate in silence, with only a few little words said here and there.

Currently it is now 1PM, and Ruby has suggested that Alura show her around Lena's new penthouse, just as a way to distract the five-year-old for a while, to keep her mind off things. But also, before Ruby came over Sam did tell her daughter that she would like her to spend some time with Alura, on her own, away from the adults, so that Lena could have a chance to decompress all her emotions by herself. Ruby, being the amazing girl she is, was more than happy to do that.

"So, how are you doing Lena?" Alex asks, with a sad smile, as she takes a seat next to Lena on the couch.

Sam then also moves to sit on the other side of Lena.

"I.... It has been difficult..... seeing Alura upset like that..... It's the worst thing I have ever experienced.... It's heart crushing." Lena says.

Alex nods her head, understanding.

"Well, we are here for you Lena. Both of us. So, if you ever need help, with anything, you can call us anytime." Sam says, in a caring tone.

"But... Alex..... you must be hurting so much too...." Lena says, looking at Alex.

"Yeah... I am." Alex nods, "And again, I am sorry that I was totally out of line yesterday. But right now..... the only real thing I have left of Kara.... is that little girl.... No matter what happens.... I want to protect her with everything I have.... and... I want to protect you too Lena."

Lena looks at Alex, surprised.

"I... I'm sorry for how I have treated you at times.... But...... I want you to know.... that no matter what happens.... you're my sister too." Alex says, "We don't always get the family we want. But we can choose our family. And I choose you Lena."

Lena now looks at Alex and begins to cry. Alex in response quickly pulls Lena in for a hug. As Lena and Alex hug Sam just looks on, with tears falling down her face due to this beautiful moment, even if it is surrounded by tragedy.

Alex and Lena continue to hug for several minutes, before they are suddenly interrupted by the sound of someone landing on Lena's balcony attached to her living room.

"Kara?!" Lena says, quickly exiting the hug, and looking to her balcony, seeing red and blue. However, as soon as Lena's vision clears of her tears, she is disappointed, because the red and blue doesn't belong to Kara Zor-El, but Kal-El, Superman.

"Clark, what are you doing here?" Alex asks, standing in front of her chosen sister, in a protective manner.

Clark glares at Alex.

"I've come to take Alura to safety." Clark says.

"That's not happening." Lena says, firmly.

"Yeah." Alex nods, "She is staying her with Lena, with us."

Clark takes a step forward, but Alex blocks his path.

"Alex, Alura isn't safe here. She would be most safe with me, as with my powers I can protect her better than anyone else on this planet." Clark says.

"No, you can't. You can't protect her from all the emotional hurt you'd put her through. In fact, you taking her would emotionally destroy her more than she already is." Alex says, "But let's be honest, Clark, this isn't about you protecting Alura. This is about the fact that you don't trust Lena."