Chapter 188 - Sam's Symptoms

Kara, Lena, Morgan and Alura are currently at home finishing up eating their dinner, while they sit in the living room watching a movie. It is just one of those nice evenings that the family is sharing together, which is made all the more important due to the fact that Lena has missed several dinners with her family over the last few weeks. Eliza is still in National City, and has been continuing to help Lena and Kara out taking care of Alura and Morgan, but right now Eliza is actually out for the evening, and will be staying over at one of her friend's places; a friend that she and Jeremiah met over 30 years ago.

For Kara and Lena, Eliza has been such a big help to them, as they know they really wouldn't have managed on their own, with Kara still going to work, and being Supergirl, without someone else there. But thankfully things are starting to get back to normal now. Lillian is at The Tower, along with Elizabeth, so the CEO is a lot less tense about things, and is spending less time visiting Lillian, and more time getting back to her life, which includes getting back to doing her work at L-Corp. This, in turn, has also meant that Lena is getting back to doing things like what they are doing right now, spending the evening with her family. Frankly, Kara and Lena are pretty sure that they are in a good enough place currently that Eliza can head back home to Midvale, but both Kara and Lena are pretty sure that Eliza has been treasuring every moment that she has been spending with both Alura and Morgan, as she obviously doesn't get to see them too often. Then, at the same time, Eliza clearly has been making a point to bond with her new granddaughter, Morgan, who has very much taken to Eliza, already calling her grandma and everything, which is very nice to see.

As Kara, Lena, Alura and Morgan sit in the living room, watching a movie, they are soon interrupted by an alert from the penthouse's security system. In response to this, Lena grabs the security system tablet, and that is when she sees that Alex is in the elevator, making her way up to the penthouse, and clearly has a worried and upset look on her face.

"It's Alex." Lena says to Kara.

"Oh, I had no idea she was coming over." Kara says.

"Me neither. But she doesn't look too good." Lena says.

Kara then focuses her super hearing, and that is when she notices that Alex's heartbeat is off, and is beating in a way that it does when Alex is upset or stressed out.

"Yeah.... something's not right." Kara says.

Lena nods her head, and then walks over to the penthouse front door, opening it and waiting for the elevator doors to open at the end of the hallway, and for Alex to appear. Soon, this exactly happens, with Alex walking out of the elevator, and Lena can clearly see that the redhead has been crying.

"Alex?" Lena says, in a confused voice, as she quickly approaches the redhead, and takes her in for a hug, "What's wrong?"

Alex hugs Lena back for a few moments, out in the hallway, outside of Kara and Lena's penthouse, before they finally part.

"It's Sam...." Alex says, "I.... I know you're her best friend.... but.... she just said some awful things to me.... I..... It hurt my feelings.... Can I stay here tonight?"

"Of course." Lena says, and now wonders what Sam could have possibly said to Alex.

Meanwhile, on the inside of the penthouse, Kara has been listening to Lena and Alex talking with her super hearing, and she can now tell that Alex very much won't want Alura or Morgan to see her upset and crying. So, Kara decides that she'll need to send Morgan and Alura up off to bed.

"Okay, girls." Kara says, "I think we should all head upstairs."

"Oowwwww.... why?" Alura pouts, "It's not bedtime yet. It's too early!"