Chapter 195 - Bachelorette Party Part 1

It is now Friday, the day of Kara and Lena's bachelorette party, and only just over a week until Kara and Lena's wedding, which is happening on the following weekend. However, even though Kara and Lena's bachelorette party is tonight, the couple still have a normal work day to contend with. This means that Lena is at L-Corp, doing all sorts of stuff, as she normally does as CEO. Although this does also include Lena doing a bunch of extra work, seeing as after her wedding to Kara, she will be taking a 2-week honeymoon, leaving Sam in charge of L-Corp in her place. So, Lena wants to just get as much work does as possible, so Sam doesn't have a literal mountain of work to contend with. As for Kara, she is just continuing to work at CatCo, and over this last week, she has continued to mentor Nia. In fact, Kara spoke to Jess, and she decided that she wants to take Nia under her wing as her protégée full time, meaning that for the foreseeable future Nia will be staying in the same office as Kara, with the two working closely together.

Of course, even though Kara and Nia will be working together for the foreseeable future like this, this doesn't mean that Kara intends to not let Nia do any articles or work on her own. In fact, Kara has been very impressed with Nia's first article about the fashion district in East City, which the young reporter has just submitted her first draft of. Kara is so impressed with it that she hopes that as long as Nia makes a few changes, which she has pointed out to her, Snapper will actually publish the article, which will be a real achievement for Nia. Kara remembers that it took her 3 different article attempts to finally get Snapper to publish her first article, so for Nia to do it on the first try is a real big thing.

"Are you excited about tonight?" Nia asks Kara, with a smile, as they both sit in Kara's office, each doing their work.

"Uhhh.... yeah." Kara smiles, "Although, I'm more excited about the wedding. If I could, I would happily skip the bachelorette party just for the wedding to be sooner. But it will still be fun."

"Awww. You're cute." Nia smiles.

"What can I say? I'm in love, and I want to call Lena my wife now." Kara replies.

Nia chuckles, while keeping a wide smile on her face.

"Well, Sam and Alex have given me the rundown of what we will be doing for the bachelorette party, and I want you to know, I have made sure to save up a bunch of $1 bills for the stripping." Nia says.

Kara now chuckles at Nia saying that.

"You realise that there isn't going to actually be any strippers, right?" Kara says, "Sam just wants Lena and I to do some stripping. Although, I think it'll be more like just stripper dancing or whatever that is."

"Exactly!" Nia exclaims, "And if you and Lena get up on stage and do some dancing, like strippers, you'll need to be rewarded with all the dollar bills!"

Kara chuckles again.

"You sound far too excited about this." Kara comments, with a smile.

"Well, it's not like I've been into a strip club before or anything. So, this sounds exciting!" Nia smiles.

"Okay." Kara says, with another chuckle.

*****************

Meanwhile, at L-Corp, Lena and Sam are currently going over a bunch of stuff in regards to the finances of various departments of the company. Lena hopes that doing this will take a reasonable amount of work off of Sam's plate in a few weeks' time, while she is on her honeymoon, and Sam will be acting CEO. As for Sam, over this last week she has actually been feeling a lot better about herself, as she hasn't heard Reign in her mind even once, which has made her think that maybe her willpower and determination is actually stopping Reign from emerging from her. This has allowed Sam to actually relax a bit, and look forward to tonight's bachelorette party, which she and Alex have put so much work into.