Chapter 115 - Helping Superman

Lena arrives back at the DEO after having spoken to Lillian for a while. Lena found the whole process to be rather weird. The CEO honestly didn't know what to expect in regards to how Lillian would react to the news of Lex's death. Lena thought that maybe her mother would jump to the reaction of blaming his death on Supergirl or Superman somehow, but she didn't. Instead, Lillian was just quiet, but she didn't shed a tear or anything, she just remained silent, and that is how the mother and daughter stayed for a while. Eventually, Lena decided to leave, and the only thing that Lillian said to her was 'thank you', and that rather chilled Lena to the bone.

"How was it?" Kara asks Lena, as she takes her girlfriend in for a hug.

"Weird." Lena replies, hugging Kara back, "She was just silent. She didn't cry, or yell, or blame you and Superman. She just.... said nothing."

Kara nods her head into the hug, not really sure what to say after hearing that.

"We.... all process these things in our own ways. I'm sure Lillian is processing this is her own way too." Kara eventually says.

"Yeah..." Lena nods back, although still very weirded out by Lillian's reaction.

The two girlfriends continue to hug for the next few minutes, Lena just really needing the affection from Kara right now, almost as if it's recharging her. But eventually, the two separate from their hug.

"How's Kal?" Lena asks.

Kara looks at Lena, and bites her lip.

"Not good." Kara replies.

"Why? Is he still unconscious?" Lena asks.

"No." Kara replies, "He woke up while you were gone, but he doesn't remember anything about who he is, or what happened to him. But that's not even the most concerning thing about it all."

"Then what is?" Lena asks, confused.

"Alex has run some tests on him, and..... he doesn't have his powers anymore.... and I don't mean in a way that he blew out his powers from extreme use.... like we do from time to time.... His DNA.... while still coming back as alien.... is reacting exactly like a human's..... That doesn't happen when our powers are blown out." Kara explains.

"So.... you are saying his powers might be gone forever?" Lena asks.

"Yes." Kara nods, sadly, "Alex thinks that such an extreme kryptonite exposure may have eliminated all of Kal's powers, to basically make him human. So maybe Lex did kill Superman after all."

Lena's face flinches a little upon Kara saying that.

"I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to...." Kara quickly says.

"It's okay." Lena interrupts, "I was just annoyed that maybe my brother did finally succeed, in a small way, even if it wasn't the way he wanted to."

Kara nods her head.

"Anyway, I was waiting for you to come back, because I'm about to fly to Metropolis to bring Lois here, so she can see Kal." Kara says.

"Oh, okay." Lena nods.

Kara pulls Lena in for another hug again, feeling like her girlfriend needs it.

"I promise, this will all be over soon, and then we can go on our holiday, and spend hours running about amusement parks, with a bunch of kids, just to please our daughter in the 'happiest place on Earth'" Kara says, with a touch of sarcasm in her voice.

Lena can't help but laugh. Kara always knows how to cheer her up.

"Disney World is certainly not my idea of the happiest place on Earth." Lena says, as the two of them part from their hug.