Chapter 58 - Picking Alura Up from School

As Lena promised, she has arrived at Alura's school at 3PM, and is now waiting for her daughter to come out of her class, ready to spend some time with her and bring her back to L-Corp. The only negative that Lena has about the whole situation is that, unfortunately, the two of them are not going to be able to walk home, or walk to Lena's office, like Alura usually does, to and from school. Lena and Alura will simply have to take Lena's driver's car back to L-Corp, because Lena has a press conference, to discuss L-Corp's purchase of CatCo at 4PM, and therefore she really doesn't have enough time for the luxury of walking Alura to her office. All Lena thinks is at least the two of them will get to spend more alone time in her office, before she then has to go out and give the press conference. Lena knows that Alura has obviously missed her, seeing as she didn't see the five-year-old last night, but Lena misses Alura very much as well. Honestly, Lena never thought she would be the type of person to miss someone even though you have only been apart from for less than a full day, but that all changed when Alura and Kara came into her life. Whenever Kara and Alura are not in the same room as her, Lena misses them, as ridiculous as she finds it. But at the end of the day, that is how love works, and Lena loves Kara and Alura absolutely and completely. Lena just isn't looking forward to future events where she has to go on more business trips and therefore spend several days without seeing Kara and Alura.

A few minutes go by and eventually the school bell rings, signalling the end of the day, and then a few moments after that, Alura's classroom door opens, with Mrs Landingham being the first person to appear. At the last few times that Alex, Kara and even Lena have picked Alura up from school, Alura has always been in the middle or the back of the line of kids coming out of the classroom, but this time Alura is the first child out. Alura walks out of her classroom, and both excitedly and eagerly, looks around, trying to spot Lena. When Alura does eventually lay her eyes on Lena, she breaks out into a big smile, going running towards the brunette.

"Momma!!" Alura says, happily.

Lena smiles widely at Alura, before then picking her up and taking her in for a big hug. Once Alura is in the hug, she happily hugs Lena back, around the neck, holding the Luthor tightly.

"Hello, darling." Lena says, kissing Alura on the cheek.

"I missed you." Alura says, still hugging Lena.

"I missed you too." Lena says, with a big smile, now feeling very happy that she is in Alura's presence, and has her in her arms once more.

Alura and Lena then continue to hug for a few more moments, but eventually Lena realises that Alura has no plans to end their hug anytime soon, causing the Luthor to chuckle.

"Okay darling, come on, let's go." Lena says, positioning Alura in a better position in her arms so she can just carry her out of school.

"Yes." Alura nods, happily, still hugging Lena, her head tucked onto one of Lena's shoulders.

Lena and Alura then make their way out of the school and towards Lena's driver's car, who is awaiting them. Prior to leaving to pick up Alura, Lena had her driver put Alura's car seat in the car once more, wanting to be prepared for the five-year-old, and keep her safe and secure in the car.

"Alura, you are going to need to let go now. We are not going to be walking to my office today. We are taking my driver's car." Lena says.

Alura hugs Lena for a few more moments, before then backing her head away, looking up at Lena in her eyes.

"Why?" Alura asks, sounding disappointed.

"I'm sorry darling, but this is the only way I could pick you up from school today, as I have had a very busy day, and in about 50 minutes I actually am hosting a press conference in front of L-Corp." Lena explains.

"Press conference?" Alura asks, confused.