Chapter 79 - Aunt Sam

Tuesday begins like a normal day, although this time Kara, Lena and Alura have all been spending the night at Lena's penthouse, the place they all plan to live in a few weeks' time, once Lena's modifications are finished. Lena and Kara have now agreed on the changes they'd like, with the only thing Kara suggesting, is soundproof walls for their bedroom, and a slightly bigger balcony, so she can land on it as Supergirl, when needed.

Right at the start of the Tuesday, Lena immediately had Jess help her arrange all the details with contractors, to get the work done as soon as possible. Lena even began drawing up her own blueprints in the free moments she had in between meetings. Lena really wants it to be completed as soon as possible, and plans to pay a lot of money to make sure that is the case. Lena just wants to have everything settled, so she, Kara and Alura can have a permanent home together. However, until Lena's penthouse is finished, Lena and Kara have agreed that Lena will just stay with Kara at her apartment. Lena didn't even consider anything other than staying with Kara, as she has had a taste of spending every day with Kara and Alura now, and waking up with them, and there is no way she can go back from that.

Lena's Tuesday progresses as normal, carrying out various meetings for L-Corp and CatCo, and catching up on a bunch of work. Lena, with the help of Jess, was even able to finalise the contractors to actually work on her apartment, who planned to begin at the end of the week.

Currently, it is 4:30PM, and Lena is just trying to finish up a few things for the day. One of the changes that Lena wants to make to her life is making sure that she finishes work by 5PM on as many days as possible. As Lena thinks that, what is the point of her doing all her work, to have a career, if it means missing out on spending time with her family? Lena would much rather be at home with Kara and Alura, even if she has to finish off a few things at home with them.

"Uhhh, Lena, Alex is here to see you." Jess says, buzzing through the intercom.

"Uhhh... okay." Lena nods, confused as to why Alex would be here, as today is Alex's day off from work, so she actually offered to watch Alura and Ruby today. Alura did begin her day with Kara at CatCo, but Alex went an picked her up just before lunchtime, along with Ruby.

A few moments later Lena's office door opens, and Alex enters, with Ruby and Alura following her closely behind.

"Alex, what's the matter?" Lena asks confused, noticing Alex busy on her phone typing.

Alex sighs and then looks up at Lena.

"I'm sorry Lena, but there is an issue at the DEO, which requires all hands-on deck, so I'm being called in." Alex explains.

"Oh." Lena replies.

"Yeah." Alex says, nodding her head, "So, I'm gonna need to just drop Alura and Ruby off here, if that's okay? I tried to text Sam, but she hasn't replied to me."

"Yeah, that's fine." Lena replies, "Sam is actually in the middle of a meeting right now, I believe."

"Alright. Thank you, Lena, and I'm sorry about this." Alex says.

"That's okay Alex. It's not your fault." Lena smiles, "Is Supergirl going to be needed then?"

"No, I don't think so. I can't really go into details, but there's been a security breach, and J'onn wants me there to assist. It's nothing dangerous though. So, Supergirl shouldn't be needed." Alex explains.

"Ahh, okay." Lena nods, kind of relieved that Kara won't be needed. It's weird for Lena, because things have been quiet over the last few weeks, on the Supergirl front, so Lena really hasn't had that moment where Kara has been fighting a bad guy/girl, and then she has had to wait anxiously for news, or watch it unfold live on TV. However, Lena knows that day will come soon enough, she just isn't looking forward to it.