Chapter 88 - Party Preparations

It is now Friday, and just like Monday, Lena has had a rather crazy week. However, even though her week has been crazy, she has made sure not to take things out on Kara, while also still coming home from work at 5PM every day, as she promised. Of course, due to Lena's work load, she has had to sit in her and Kara's bedroom on a few evenings, just to finish up some more work, which is mostly her answering emails. But Lena thinks that it's better that she is at least doing it at home, rather than in her office away from Kara and Alura.

Lena's week hasn't all been bad though, there have been some positives too. The first positive is that Sam, Alex and Ruby will all be coming to Jack Spheer's social event with her, Kara and Alura, which Lena is very pleased about. However, Alex will not be able to fly out with them, because her shift at the DEO doesn't end until 4PM, and they plan to take off from National City at around half 3, and they can't afford to wait much longer, as Jack Spheer's event begins at 8PM Metropolis time. This means that Lena, Kara, Alura, Sam and Ruby will only have about half an hour from landing in Metropolis to then get ready for the event, as Lena's plane is fast enough to travel across the country in an hour. The solution that Alex and Kara came up with though, is that Kara will fly with them on the plane, and then, while the others are getting ready, she will fly across the country, back to National City, to pick Alex up, and then bring her out to Metropolis.

The next positive from Lena's week is that the building work on her penthouse has begun, and the workers have said that it will only take 2 weeks to complete everything. This is mostly due to Lena paying a large amount of money for the workers to get it done fast, which they will be doing by hiring more people to work on the renovations at the same time. So, Lena is pleased that it will be sooner rather than later that she, Kara and Alura can move into their permanent home, and have a lot more space. Lena is particularly looking forward to that because, while she loves living at Kara's apartment, it doesn't quite feel like home to Lena, as it is just that, Kara's apartment. Lena just hopes that Kara doesn't feel the same way when they all move into the penthouse.

However, despite these positives in Lena's week, there have been some negatives outside of work, with the first one involving Alura. This is because, due to Lena's busy week, she has been unable to take Alura to the tailors to try on her custom-made burgundy suit, which has disappointed the five-year-old a lot, and thereby disappointed Lena too. But then another negative, to top off Lena's week, was that her brother, Lex Luthor, has made a request for her to come visit him, which she obviously has no intention of doing. However, the request alone affected Lena's week, as it made her upset that Lex doesn't just leave her alone, and remain to rot in prison, like she wants.

********************

It is now 2:30PM on Friday, and Lena is wrapping up her work for the day, preparing to go fetch Kara and Sam to then go to Alura and Ruby's schools, and then head to the airport. There is then a knock at Lena's office door.

"Yes?" Lena answers, currently standing up from her chair, as she types one last reply to an email on her laptop at her desk.

Jess enters the offices.

"Sorry to disturb you." Jess says, politely.

"That's okay Jess." Lena smiles, "I'm just about to leave."

Jess nods her head, but doesn't say anything else. Jess's silence causes Lena to look up at her assistant, and it is then that she notices the nervous look on Jess's face.

"Is something the matter Jess?" Lena asks, softly.

"It's..... about the CatCo job..." Jess says, nervously.

"Oh.. right.." Lena nods.

"But... you are about to leave... this can wait for another day." Jess says, trying to brush it off.

"No! Please, what do you want to say about the job?" Lena asks.