Chapter 28 - Goodbyes

Alex wakes up on Tuesday morning and is overcome with sadness, as she knows that she has to return to National City today. Of course, Alex isn't majorly upset, it's not like the world is going to end and she is going to cry herself to sleep. Alex is just upset because she had such a nice time with Sam the previous night, while also enjoying the time she spent with Ruby. But now, Alex has to go home, and most likely won't be able to see either of the Arias women for a few weeks, until they move to National City. So, Alex starts her day off by enjoying a nice breakfast with Sam and Ruby as they all get ready for their days. Ruby of course has to go to school, Sam has to go to work, and then Alex is going to head to the airport to take Lena's private jet back to National City.

Eventually all three of the ladies are washed and dressed, prepared for their days. Alex has packed all her stuff back into her small bag that she brought with her to Metropolis.

"Alex, are you sure you don't want me to give you a ride to the airport once I drop Ruby off?" Sam asks.

"No, I'm fine. But thank you for the offer." Alex smiles.

"Okay." Sam nods, sounding disappointed.

The truth is Alex doesn't really want Sam taking her to the airport because she doesn't want to deal with a prolonged goodbye. As if Alex did take Sam up on her offer she would have got into Sam's car, and then had to ride along while Sam dropped Ruby off at school before they would finally be able to head to the airport. Alex thinks that that situation would be like a prolonged goodbye, where with every minute that ticked by, she would just get more and more nervous, and disappointed, by the fact she has to leave and head home. So, Alex has just decided to get an Uber, so she can rip the band aide of saying goodbye, off quick.

Alex's phone buzzes.

"Okay, my Uber is here. I better be off." Alex smiles at the two Arias women.

"Okay..... I had a lovely time with you last night Alex." Sam smiles.

"I did too." Alex smiles back at Sam before turning to look down at Ruby. "I enjoyed playing with you Ruby, and you showing me your room. I'll look forward to hopefully seeing you both in National City, sometime soon."

Ruby smiles up at Alex.

"I had fun with you too Alex. I can't wait for me and mom to move to National City! I'm really looking forward to it!" Ruby gleams.

Alex smiles down at Ruby and then looks back up at Sam.

Alex gets caught in a moment of not really knowing what to do. Alex isn't sure she is ready to just start kissing Sam every time they say goodbye. Their kiss that they shared last night was incredible, but Alex doesn't think she is ready to just kiss Sam more regularly, she still needs to go slow. Then of course at the same time, Alex is most definitely not ready to kiss Sam in front of Ruby. So instead, Alex steps closer to Sam and just gives her a hug.

Sam hugs Alex back and the two hug for a good few seconds before they part again due to Alex's phone buzzing once more.

"Alright, I really have to go or my Uber driver is going to be really mad." Alex grins.

Sam smiles.

"Okay Alex. I'll see you soon. Please text me to let me know when you get home safe to National City." Sam asks.

"I will." Alex smiles back and then opens the front door. "I hope you two both have good days, and I'll see you both soon."

"Bye Alex." Ruby waves as Alex walks down the driveway.

Alex gets into the Uber and a few seconds later they begin to drive away and head for the airport. As Alex is driven away in the Uber she takes one last look at Sam's home and sees both Sam and Ruby waving goodbye to her, standing at the front door. In this moment Alex knows she is going to miss both of the Arias women a lot, and she hopes Sam moves to National City sooner, rather than later.