Chapter 163 - Alex Proposes

It is now 7:15PM, and Sam, Alex and Ruby have all just arrived at the hotel location for Lena's New Year's party. Alex, for her part, is incredibly nervous right now, because she knows that she is not only getting closer and closer to actually getting the ring from Lena, but then proposing to Sam a few hours later. Alex honestly doesn't even know how she is going to be able to keep it together for the next 4 and a half hours, which is when she plans to propose to Sam, about 15 minutes before midnight. Alex did consider doing it right on midnight, or a few seconds before, but she decided against that, because that would mean she and Sam wouldn't be with Ruby, or their other family members when counting down to midnight.

Alex, Sam and Ruby are all quickly directed by the hotel staff to where the party is, and after going through a few doors, they eventually meet Kara, Lena and Eve, who are currently standing outside on a very large balcony area which overlooks the National City Bay, which will have fireworks come midnight. Behind them is a large ball room with chairs, tables, and tables of food set up already. So people will have the option to either stay inside, or come out onto the very large balcony outside. Although admittedly, the balcony is more like an open aired part of the building, with an overhang that looks like a balcony, rather than a balcony. But either way, it all looks very nice.

"Oh, hey guys!" Lena smiles upon noticing Alex, Ruby and Sam walking out onto the balcony area.

Alex, Sam and Ruby then greet Kara, Lena and Eve.

"Where's Alura?" Ruby asks Kara and Lena, not seeing her best friend.

"Oh, she's not going to be here for another 15 minutes or so." Kara explains, "Eliza was looking after her for a while, so we could come here early."

"Oh, okay." Ruby nods.

"Everything looks great, Lena. It turned out so well." Sam smiles, looking around at how stunning everything looks.

"Yeah. Well, it was mostly Eve's doing. She coordinated everything with the hotel, which just made my job so much easier." Lena replies.

"Thank you, Miss Luthor." Eve replies, with a smile.

"I think you can just call me Lena for the evening, Eve." Lena says.

"Of course Mis.... I mean... Lena..." Eve says.

"Now, why don't you go call that boyfriend of yours and ask when he's getting here, so you can enjoy the party, instead of having to hang out with your boss. You won't be needed for anything else this evening, Eve." Lena says.

"But Mis.... I mean Lena.... you are paying me for the night.... I thought I would be working.... and you were just kind enough that my boyfriend could be here too." Eve says, in a surprised voice.

"Eve, that was just in case. But everything is in order. You can enjoy the evening, and you'll still be paid." Lena says.

"I.... thank you.... so much..... Lena." Eve says.

"You're very welcome, Eve." Lena smiles.

Eve then quickly exits the group, and pulls out her phone, clearly calling her boyfriend.

"That was nice of you, Lena." Sam says.

"Yeah. Well, I really do mean it. She did an excellent job with this event. I was afraid that no one would be able to live up to Jess' standards." Lena says.

Sam chuckles.

"I'm not sure if Jess will be jealous to hear that, or happy." Sam smirks.

"Oh, I doubt she'll be jealous. I mean.... she literally offered to organise this New Year's party for me.... as if she is still my assistant, even though she's literally running CatCo." Lena says.