Chapter 172 - 6th Birthday Part Part 1

It is now about a week later since Kara and Lena made the decision to officially adopt Morgan, and things have been going pretty well. The only issue has been that Morgan has still had a few moments where she has got sad or upset, obviously about everything that has happened to her. But when these moments have happened, all of Morgan's new family have surrounded her, and given her all the love and support that they can muster. This, in turn, has made Morgan a little clingy to Lena particularly, not to say she doesn't show affection to both Kara and Alura also. It's just clear that right now Lena is Morgan's favourite, and that's perfectly fine. Although, one of the reasons for this may be that Morgan has been coming to work with Lena every day of the week, because Kara and Lena have decided that with everything that has happened to Morgan, and with the fact that the little alien girl is just settling into her new family, the parents think Morgan shouldn't go to school just yet. So, instead of Morgan going to school, Kara and Lena have employed a private tutor who works with Morgan in a free room at L-Corp for a few hours of the day, and Morgan seems pretty happy with the arrangement.

Currently, it is Friday afternoon, and Lena and Morgan are just about to leave Lena's office at L-Corp, and head back home to their penthouse, where Kara and Alura will be waiting for them, as Kara picked Alura up from school today. This weekend is going to be very special for the family, because tomorrow is Alura's birthday, and they are going to be doing a bunch of fun things, both as a family, just them, and with their other friends and family too. This includes them going out for a nice lunch tomorrow, along with Alex, Sam, Ruby, J'onn, Winn, Jess and Eliza, who is visiting from Midvale, staying at Sam and Alex's home. After their lunch, the group are going to all go off to play mini-golf together, before then going to a local arcade, all of which has been chosen by Alura. Then once they are all finished with those activities, Kara, Lena, Alura and Morgan are going to say goodbye to everyone, and head off to a nice place just outside the city, where they will be able to ride horses, and even have a late-night picnic.

"Lena?" Morgan asks, as the CEO packs away her things.

"Yes, darling?" Lena replies, turning to look at Morgan with a smile.

Right now, Morgan is sitting on the couch in Lena's office, while Lena is packing things away at her desk, which is on the other side of the office.

"It's Alura's birthday tomorrow." Morgan says.

"Yes. I know." Lena nods, with a smile.

There is then a brief silence.

"I haven't got Alura a present." Morgan eventually says.

"Oh...." Lena replies, not expecting Morgan to say that.

"I want to get Alura a present, because we are a family now." Morgan says, cutely.

Lena's heart literally skips a beat at Morgan referring to them as a 'family now'.

"Okay." Lena nods, grabbing her bag and walking over to Morgan, "Then how about before we head home, the two of us go shopping, and get Alura a present from you?"

"Okay." Morgan smiles, but then grows a hesitant look on her face, "But.... I don't know what I should get her."

"Hmmm.... Well.... how about I give you some ideas, and then you can choose from them?" Lena suggests.

"Yes." Morgan nods, happily.

"Good." Lena smiles, holding out her hand for Morgan to take, "Let's go down to my car, and we'll drive to a mall nearby."

"Okay." Morgan nods again, with a big smile on her face, taking Lena's hand.

Morgan and Lena then leave Lena's office, passing by Lena's assistant Eve as they do.