Chapter 190 - Nia Moves In

It is now about 10 minutes later, and Nia, Morgan, Kara and Lena are about halfway through eating their lunch together in Lena's office. So far, while they have been eating, Nia has been mostly chatting with Lena, asking her all sorts of questions about L-Corp, and what the company is working on. Lena, for her part, is very happy to answer all the questions, especially as she can tell that Nia is asking out of her own interest, not because she's a reporter and wants a scoop or something.

"That's enough about me, Nia." Lena eventually says, "Tell us about you. Like, how did you end up working for Cat Grant in DC?"

"Oh, well, I went to Georgetown University, as I wanted to go somewhere that was different from Parthas, which is where I grew up, a few hours south east of National City." Nia explains, "Then, in my final year at Georgetown, I applied for a few internships, and one of them was working with Cat Grant as a speechwriter. So, I did that, then after I graduated Cat hired me full time as an intern, where I mostly did research for her, and kind of acted like her assistant."

"I see." Lena nods, "So, what made you want to join CatCo?"

"Uhh.... honestly.... I didn't ask to.... It's just.... last week.... Cat suddenly said that I would be joining CatCo this week. She said it would be good for me." Nia explains.

"Hmmm." Lena hums, with a curious look on her face.

"Nia, there must have been something else. Cat doesn't do anything randomly, or without a reason." Kara interjects.

"Well.... I had mentioned that I was feeling a bit homesick being so far away from my family.... and..... I did also mention that.... I wanted to contact Supergirl.... and I asked Cat if she could help me with that." Nia says, "But she never mentioned anything about it after I first asked her."

"I see." Lena nods, "So, what do you want to talk with Supergirl about?"

"I uhhh..... I don't really want to talk about it now." Nia says, in a bit of a nervous voice.

"That's alright." Lena replies, with a soft smile, "So, as everything has been so last minute for you, where are you staying at the moment?"

"Oh.... I uhhh..... I didn't have time to look for an apartment or anything like that.... so.... right now I'm staying in a hostel....." Nia says, "It's not very nice...."

"Yeah, you said the water in your shower stopped working this morning?" Kara asks.

"Yeah." Nia nods, "But, at least it's somewhere I can lay my head at night. I'll start looking for apartments I can afford, or being someone's roommate, or something, later this week."

Lena and Kara then glace at each other, having a silent conversation.

"How about you stay with us?" Lena eventually suggests.

"What?!" Nia says, very surprised.

"Yeah. We have a lot of space at our penthouse. You'd get your own room, and a working shower and everything, and you wouldn't have to continue living in horrible conditions while you look for an apartment." Kara says.

"No. I can't ask you to do that for me, you barely know me." Nia says.

"Yes, but I can see that you are a lovely young woman, Nia." Lena says, "We'd be happy to have you."

"And it would make more sense if we are going to be spending a lot more time together, with me mentoring you and everything. This way we can do some work from home and everything, and be more in sync, and not waste time having to arrange to meet up somewhere." Kara says.

Nia nervously looks between Kara and Lena for a moment, with Morgan just sitting between her two moms, munching away at her burger.

"Well..... if you're sure...." Nia says.