Chapter 177 - A New Home?

It is now a few days after Lena went shopping for her wedding dress, and Kara and Lena are sitting at home in their penthouse, while Alura and Morgan run about, playing games together. Today is a weekday, so Alura went to school, Morgan continued her work with the private tutor, and Kara and Lena both went to work. So right now the family are all just enjoying each other's company, and relaxing.

Over these last few days though, Lena has had anything but a relaxing time, as she both has had to deal with multiple issues at L-Corp that have cropped up, and she has had to deal with finding the right designer to make her wedding dress. Dealing with the latter problem, Lena has realised that designing a custom wedding dress is a lot more intensive than she first thought it would be. So, Lena now knows that for the designer to even begin to design the wedding dress for her, she is going to have to meet them in person, and then spend multiple hours having all of her body measured intimately, just so the wedding dress will be a perfect fit. Of course, Lena knew that she would have to do this already, but she has recently found out that the process could take as long as 4 hours. However, after making a few phone calls, Lena has found a wedding dress designer who she is happy to work with, and booked an appointment with her for next week, while also having done multiple mock up drawings of the wedding dress design she has in her mind.

"What are you thinking of?" Kara asks Lena, as the two fiancés sit next to one another, with the CEO being lost in thought.

"Not much. I was just thinking about how I want my wedding dress to look." Lena explains, "Imagining it in my mind."

"You not going to give me any details? Even a small little one?" Kara asks.

"Nope. I want you to be entirely surprised on our wedding day." Lena says.

"Okay. Fair enough." Kara smiles, and places a kiss on one of Lena's cheeks.

Kara and Lena then sit there and snuggle for a little while, with Lena's head resting on one of Kara's shoulders as the two parents watch their kids playing, and running about before them.

"Darling?" Lena soon asks.

"Yeah?" Kara replies.

"I've been thinking....." Lena says, but then trails off.

"Oh, that's dangerous." Kara teases.

Lena chuckles.

"I'm not sure how you feel about it.... or what you think.... but.... I think that after we get married..... we should move to an actual house." Lena says.

"What? You don't like our penthouse?" Kara asks.

"I do." Lena says, "But.... you see the girls running about.... and..... I just feel it's a shame we don't have a real garden for them to run about in.... and just be kids.... I mean.... we have our garden on the roof.... But it's not real grass.... or a real garden...... I would like a place with just more space.... where Morgan and Alura could play in the garden, get dirty, and have all sorts of adventures together."

Kara smiles upon hearing Lena say that.

"That sounds nice." Kara says, "But what about this place? I know you put A LOT of money into refurbishing it before Alura and I moved in here with you."

Lena chuckles.

"The amount of money I spent on this place, is literally nothing to me." Lena says, "I guess.... most people don't understand the true scale of billionaire's wealth. But.... to put it into perspective.... the amount of money I spent on the refurbishments to this place..... in terms of wealth scale.... is probably the same amount of money the average person spends on groceries in a week."