Chapter 127 - Alex & Lena's Day

It has now been a few days since Kara, Lena and Alura got home from their vacation to Disney World. Since then, Lena has been running a decryption programme on the several files Lex sent her about Leviathan. The decryption itself still hasn't completed, likely because there is a lot of information in the files, but also because the decryption cypher Lex and Lena created together was very crude, and meant to take a while for a computer to decrypt. However, the fact that the decryption hasn't completed yet, has made Lena very anxious, despite her attempts to shove her worries about Leviathan into little boxes. Kara has, of course, been there supporting Lena, promising her that they will deal with Leviathan together, not only as a couple, but with all of their friends. On that front, when Lena and Kara told their friends about Lex's email, and the information on Leviathan, J'onn did insist that the decryption be run at the DEO, but Lena plain out refused. Lena didn't want the decryption to run in a facility which had already been broken into by Leviathan, and one that she would have difficulty accessing on a regular basis. So, instead, Lena has been running the decryption in her private lab at L-Corp. Lena would have preferred to run the decryption in her lab at her penthouse, but her lab at L-Corp has a much more powerful computer to use, which will hopefully reduce the time for the files to be decrypted.

Also, over the last few days, Lena has returned to work, although not fully. Instead, Lena has been doing her work at home, form her penthouse, so she could spend some more time with Kara and Alura, even if it was just being near them while she worked. Lena knows that originally she was supposed to take 2 weeks off of work, but she felt too guilty continuing to give Sam all the work in her absence, so with Kara's blessing, she decided to go back to work early. As for Kara, she hasn't gone back to work yet, because both she and Lena agreed that at least one of them should remain on vacation, so they could spend more time with Alura while she's on her summer holiday still. Both of the parents know that as soon as they both go back to work, Alura's summer holiday is going to be a rather boring one, so they want to make the most of it now.

********************************

It is currently Saturday, and Kara, Lena and Alura all have plans today, but for once they are not going to be all together. Today, Kara and Alura are going to be spending some one-on-one time together, bonding like they used to do before Lena came into their lives (not that that's a bad thing), while Lena is keeping to her promise of spending some time with her future sister, Alex.

"So, what are you guys doing today?" Lena asks, as she eats some fruit for a late breakfast/brunch, along with Kara and Alura.

Kara looks at Alura with a smile on her face.

"We'll, seeing as Alura loved the zoo bit at Animal Kingdom so much, I thought we'd go to a petting zoo, just outside of National City." Kara explains.

"Oh, that sounds like fun." Lena smiles back, although being relieved that Kara and Alura are doing that without her, as it's not exactly her thing, despite her enjoying the monkey that climbed over her at Animal Kingdom.

"Yeah..." Alura says, although not sounding as if she thinks they will have fun.

"What's the matter, darling?" Lena asks, as she moves her chair closer to Alura, placing a hand on the 5-year-old's arm.

Alura looks up at Lena with her beautiful blue eyes.

"I want you to come with us." Alura says.

"Oh, darling." Lena replies, taking Alura in for a hug, who buries her head into Lena's chest, "You and mommy will have a lot of fun without me. I'm going to be spending the day with aunt Alex, and once we are all finished later this evening, we will all meet up and have a nice dinner together. Okay?"