Blood Mixing

Since the simulation completed minutes ago Lena has got out of bed, gingerly, and got dressed, all with the help of Kara. Then after this Lena has been going over the data on the computer. It all looks very promising.

"This is good. We just need the machine. I should go check on Winn." Lena says, as she gets up and flinches.

"Here, let me help you." Kara says, as she moves closer to Lena.

Lena smirks.

"As nice as it was to be carried in your arms. I don't think I'd like the whole DEO to see me like that." Lena replies.

"Oh I uhhh..." Kara stammers.

Lena immediately blushes, she can't believe that she just let it slip that it was nice being carried in Kara's arm. She is so embarrassed.

"I wasn't going to..... I was going to let you lean on me and.... walk...." Kara explains, nervously.

Lena swears she notices the Kryptonian blushing. But it's so subtle Lena dismisses the thought. Kara however is in fact blushing due to Lena's comment. She didn't even know she could blush.

"Oh, that would be nice..... but what about Alura?" Lena asks, not wanting the girl to be left in the room alone, even though she is still asleep.

"Oh." Kara says and zips away.

A few seconds later Kara reappears with Alex who looks panicked for a second, until she sees Alura asleep on the bed, while Kara and Lena look fine.

"For god sake Kara!! I told you to stop doing that, unless it's an emergency!" Alex complains.

"Sorry." Kara says, "But Lena's simulation completed. I was just going to help Lena go see how Winn is getting on, but I didn't want Alura to be alone."

"Okay. Go ahead. I'll stay with Alura until you're back. I'll have a look at the simulation's results in the mean time, if you don't mind, Lena?" Alex asks.

"Of course. Go ahead." Lena encourages.

"Thank you Alex. Have you got an update from Winn recently?" Kara asks.

"No, I was literally just about to go check." Alex explains as she goes over to Alura's bed to check her vitals.

"Right. We'll be back in a bit." Kara says.

"Should you even be up and walking, Lena?" Alex asks, full well knowing the answer. She shouldn't.

"Oh I'm fine." Lena replies, a bold face lie, her back is starting to hurt already.

"You sure Lena? I can just carry you and no one will even see." Kara suggests, concern in her voice.

"No really I'm okay." Lena says, she's not gonna let a little back pain stop her checking on Winn and potentially speeding up the process to help save Alura.

Alex nods at her sister and Lena and then focuses on checking over a sleeping Alura. Kara then moves over to Lena and moves out her arm so it is around Lena's shoulders, and then allows Lena to put her arm, and therefore her weight, on her shoulders.

"You ready?" Kara asks.

"Yes, just go slow please." Lena says.

Kara nods and begins slowly walking.

Kara and Lena walk through the DEO and downstairs, through a lot of corridors before they get to Winn's lab. Throughout the walk through the main section of the DEO Lena felt all eyes staring at her, it didn't bother her however, she was used to it. She was used to people looking at her with distain. Although admittedly this time Lena is unsure of the looks they were giving her, confusion and empathy, perhaps? Lena's unsure. What Lena is however sure about is that walking was a terrible idea, her back is absolutely killing her, but she's not going to tell Kara that. Lena is pretty sure if she tells Kara she will force her back to bed before she can help Winn, so she just powers through the pain, hiding it the best she can.