Kara and Lena Lunchtime

Lena is presently sitting in her office at L-Corp. Lena has had a weird morning since she woke up. At first she woke up happy with a smile on her face, but then she remembered that no one else is with her in her penthouse, Alura went home. So Lena got up and got dressed and headed in to L-Corp earlier than usual. Jess arrived at her usual time just after 8 and when she greeted Lena the assistant immediately could tell that Lena was not in a good mood. Jess asked Lena what was wrong but Lena just dismissed her, claiming she was 'fine', which she clearly wasn't, but Jess left her alone anyway.

Since coming into work Lena has literally been counting down the hours until her 1PM lunch with Kara. Time seems to have passed incredibly slowly for Lena. She has literally been checking the clock every few minutes, hoping it would be 1PM sooner that she realised. But as always, when you keep checking the time, time seems to pass significantly slowly. Eventually 1PM arrives and Kara is nowhere in sight. Lena thinks about texting Kara to ask where she is, but she doesn't want to seem as desperate and frankly lonely, as she feels right now. Time then continues to tick by and with every minute Lena gets more and more upset. She begins to think that perhaps Kara forgot about their lunch, or maybe she doesn't want to talk to Lena ever again because she thinks she didn't take good enough care of Alura. Lena really starts to spiral. Thankfully at 1:30PM Lena's intercom buzzes.

"Miss Luthor, Miss Danvers is here to see you." Jess says.

Lena feels a wave of relief.

"Thank you Jess." Lena replies.

Lena's office door then opens and Kara appears, alone. Lena did hope that as Alura is not in school that perhaps Kara would bring Alura for their lunch, but obviously she hasn't. Lena can't help but feel a bit disappointed, even though she is happy Kara is here.

"Kara." Lena smiles, happily as she stands from her office chair.

"Hey Lena." Kara smiles back and approaches Lena and takes her in for a hug.

All Lena's fears and doubts melt away upon experiencing Kara's hug. It's simply magical. Lena thinks that maybe it's one of Kara's super powers that she hasn't told Lena about. Although Lena thinks the more likely case is that Kara is just special without taking her powers into play.

"I brought some Big Belly Burger with me." Kara says as she gestures to the burger bag in her hand. "I'm sorry I'm late."

Lena gestures for them to go and sit on the couch in Lena's office.

"That's okay. I was beginning to think you may have forgotten." Lena says as she takes a seat.

"Of course not!" Kara quickly replies, "I just had to drop Alura off at Alex's and she made a whole fuss because she wanted to come with me to our lunch."

"Oh, well I'd have liked that." Lena replies, trying not to sound too disapointed.

"I know." Kara smiles, "But I thought it might be best if it's just us so we can talk, without Alura overhearing us."

"Oh, right, of course." Lena nods, taking a gulp, clearly this is going to involve a more serious or intimate conversation.

Kara begins to unpack the Big Belly Burger, handing one to Lena and taking out a large portion of fries for them to both share. Kara then tears a few packets of ketchup and squirts them onto some of the paper bag containing the fries.

"So..... how was your.... trip?" Lena asks, not sure where to start.

Kara takes the first bite of her burger.

"Good. It was crazy. We had to fight a bunch of aliens called Dominators." Kara explains.

"What really?" Lena asks, surprised, "Why were you fighting them?"