Chapter 146 - Jaav Ukon Part 2

"Aarrgghhh!" Lazarus cried in pain. He knew it was going to be painful but nothing prepared him for the jaav ukon's bite. The half-grown orc was strong!

The jaav ukon's sharp jaggered teeth clamped down on the Ghost Lord's hand firmly puncturing and tearing more holes around the open wound. His rough black tongue licked the bright red blood tentatively. He swallowed. The creature's blood tasted funny. It was a strange mix of sweet sour herbs, tangy wild meat and something else, something grainy. It also had a very strong rusted iron aftertaste, stronger and sharper than any game which he had hunted with his father and brother.

The orc prince sucked and swallowed again. Miraculously, the pounding headache seemed to lessen. With more enthusiasm, the orcling prince started drinking.

"Laz!!" Valentine and Constantine yelled.

"It's o'kay. I'm o'kay!" Lazarus winced and replied quickly. "He is drinking!"

Upon Lazarus' confirmation, everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief. Now all they had to do was wait. Valentine started recounting the events when Lazarus recovered from the Annazzosh. Would it be the same for the orc prince?

Lazarus gritted his teeth and tried to maintain his position but it was difficult. He could feel his life draining from him as the orcling sucked hard, gulping mouthfuls of his Lifestone infused blood. He swayed and sat down heavily on the floor beside the jaav ukon.

"Oh Gods. Please let this work," prayed Lazarus. He was beginning to feel extremely dizzy and nauseous. His vision was blurring and darkening dangerously. If the Lifestone in him didn't do its magic soon he would surly pass out. The Assassin blinked and shook his head violently trying to stay alert.

Suddenly, the jaav ukon pulled the human forward in a bear hug. He sucked hard, guzzling on the life sustaining liquid urgently. The human's strange blood made him feel weird but miraculously the terrible pain was actually subsiding. The only downside was that he suddenly felt extremely thirsty. Only this human's blood could fill the thirst which sprang from within. Desperately, he gnawed on the small hand, enlarging the wound trying to get more liquid. The blood flow seemed to have lessened. Was that it? Didn't the small human have more?

"Aarrrgghhh!" Lazarus started seeing back spots. He squeezed his silver eyes in pain. The crazy greedy jaav ukon was actually eating him alive.

"C'mon, c'mon ..."

The Gatekeeper started glowing as the Lifestone in him activated. To the onlookers, Lazarus pulsated with a soft light as Energy was used to make more blood in him. The Assassin saw his Energy levels reduce as his Health increased. The Lifestone was not about to let its host die from blood loss.

But the orcling was draining the Hero faster than he could heal and generate blood. He closed his eyes against the pounding headache and sudden onset of vertigo. Even the solid floor seemed unsteady. Why was the floor rolling around like waves? It made him want to puke.

At least if he died here, the orcs would not be able to fully blame him, right? He did try to save the orc prince.

"Aaaaaaahhhh!!" the jaav ukon opened his huge maw and gasped for breath. He tossed his head backwards in satisfaction and ecstasy, eyes closed. Bright red human blood trickled from the corners of his lips to drip down his grey chin.

Lazarus stared in morbid fascination at his mangled arm. The pink raw flesh was ragged and quite dry where the jaav ukon had attached himself earlier. He supposed it would take some time for whatever blood he had left to reach that part of his body again. Aaaahh! His heart had started palpitating painfully as it worked extra hard to pump what little blood he had left.