Chapter 86 - Possibilities

"We ... I mean you are in trouble," Ash glanced at Jace as they walked from the cafe. The others had gone on their ways and the two boys were headed home.

"How are you going to last in the orc realm if you are not supposed to die? We thought we would have a few chances and re-spawn there if we die as long as you remain above Level 80."

"Well, we thought wrong. I guess I will just have to be more careful from now on."

"How? Laz is not getting any better. He is getting weaker and will die more easily. If he re-spawns in his City, he will not be able to crossover. Forget collecting the Orbs again, it would take too much time and effort ..." Ash stopped in mid-sentence as he caught the determined look on Jace's face.

"Laz will just have to survive long enough to get well, that's all."

"Umm, I guess so. What if that crazy Nadine advances Laz's poison to Stage five?"

Jace shrugged. "I don't know but I'll do my best to save Laz before he becomes totally useless. He still has time ..." he trailed off as his thoughts turned inward.

Ash watched his friend's expression turned thoughtful. "What are you thinking?"

"Tell me, what has Kasakh got?"

"You are not answering my question," Ash grumbled. "You've got a plan? I know you do, you have that weird look on your face."

"I need to think about it some more. Laz's poison may not be impossible to beat after all. It may be nothing ... I need to fit the pieces together and check something out first. What does the orc have?"

"Your 'nothings' always turn out to be brilliant 'somethings'.When you got it figured out, tell me first."

Jace laughed. "Who else would I tell? ... and recruit for my wild ideas or trust to back me up when I ..." he trailed off, his expression becoming serious.

"When you what?" Ash asked impatiently. "Spill!"

"Not now ... and you may not like it. I'll tell you the details when I've got it figured." Jace did not want to worry his friend unnecessarily, his insane idea may well turn out to be nothing. Better to stay focused. "Now about Kasakh?"

"Arghhhh! I hate it when you do that!" The blond youth made a face. "Of course I won't like it now whatever it is."

"I'm not quite sure what we got with Kasakh. When we got there and started searching the place, she found some scraps of leather with scratches on it. She said it was a code only she and her father know about, a special father daughter thing."

Jace smiled in amusement. "I thought only humans did that kind of thing."

Ash snorted rolling his eyes expressively. "Please, don't let her hear you say that. I've had enough of her saying how barbaric we are. Apparently orcs are very similar to us despite their being superior beings, according to Kasakh." Ash laughed. "So much for Simtrixx's creative team."

"I think I'll go online when I get back, check up on her and see if she has anything new. See you in there?"

"I think ... I'll pass. I need to find my courage before going back in," Jace shuddered.

Ash's brow lifted. "That bad? What didn't you tell us in front of the girls?"

"Ash, the orcs," Jace looked fugitively around but no one was paying the two boys any attention. "They shackled Constantine in orc chains to nullify his magical abilities and strung him up. He was powerless. Then they interrogated and whipped him until he was barely alive. They practically stripped his flesh off him."